South Jersey Babies

South Jersey Fertility

Has anyone had any experience or success with them? First appt. in two weeks. Would love some feedback. Thanks!
image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: South Jersey Fertility

• We had our initial consultation appointment on Monday in the Marlton office.  We saw Dr. Skaf.  For first impression, I found the staff to be very warm and welcoming- pleasant and all around nice.  The office itself was very clean and organized.

Dr. Skaf was very helpful and gave us an idea of what possible scenarios we could expect.  We have further testing to do, but he's helped us get started with it and guided us in the right direction.  He answered all of our questions and was very nice.

The only thing that slightly bothered me was that he didn't read our chart before he came in.  But he referred to it as we spoke.

Good luck with your appointment.

• We love SJ Fert. Both of our daughters (one is still baking) are products of the loving staff at SJFert. I've seen all the docs and NP's. I recently referred a friend to their practice. Love all the dr's except the new female Dr. N. Her bedside manner and explanations aren't like the other Docs. Sorry the lack of paragraphs, on iPad.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We used them for DD#2. We mostly worked with Dr. Packin because he is the PCOS guy, and that's why I was there.

I was only with them a short while, got pregnant on our first round of clomid, but we had a great experience.

GL to you!

• ACOOKACOOK member
    I am a patient of Dr, Packin's. It was recommended that we see him because I am considered high risk. He got us through the first few weeks with our DD and now we are just waiting to get pregnent again to go through the same routine as before. My husband and I really like him. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageLuckySunshineBaby:
    We love SJ Fert. Both of our daughters (one is still baking) are products of the loving staff at SJFert. I've seen all the docs and NP's. I recently referred a friend to their practice. Love all the dr's except the new female Dr. N. Her bedside manner and explanations aren't like the other Docs. Sorry the lack of paragraphs, on iPad.

Yup, agree.  Dr. N is ehh.  Her bedside manner leaves something to be desired - you know when you ask a question she wants to leave because she backs out of the room as you are talking.  I have liked all the others there.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am a patient of Dr. Pakin's.  He is determined and informative.  I was leery of having a male doctor (as I've always have used women), but he made me comfortable.  He is informative to both me and my husband.  I've been seeing him since November 2010.  He's removed my second fibroid in April 2011. (The first was removed in August 2009 with my OB/GYN).  I'm now on my first round of Clomid & Ovidrel.  
    "I am a woman phenomenally. Phenomenal woman, that's me."~Maya Angelou BabyFruit Ticker
  • My husband and I went for our first appointment a little over a week ago and we were really pleased with the facility! We went ot the location in Marlton and were the only ones in the waiting room and didn't have to wait at all! The staff was super nice and informative - we did see Dr. Noorhasan (sp?) which i've read some mixed reviews about but personally I thought she was very nice. She seemed very optimistic about our situation and getting the ball rolling. I must also add, they got me in for an appointment within a week, which I thought was amazing! We have only been there 1x and have tests to get done before we go back and discuss our options but so far so good - i will be doing my tests at the sewell office because its close to my work so ill scope that office out as well :) good luck with them! my first impression was a good one!
    TTC since May 2010
    ME: 29, DH: 29
    dx: MFI due to uncontrolled diabetes
    10/2011 baseline bw, us and HSG - ALL CLEAR!!, SA #s were looking good
    Nov 7 2011 Clomid monitored ultrasound - 2 follies on left side (one was 18-20mm the other was 22 mm) and 1 medium follie on right side
    Nov 9 2011 IUI #1 clomid + ovidrel trigger
    Nov 23 2011 BFP!!
    beta #1 11/23: 228, progesterone: 38, beta #2 11/25: 426, progesterone: over 40, beta #3 11/29: over 1100, progesterone: 30.4, beta #4 12/2: 1800, progesterone: 20.4 - starting progesterone suppositories, beta #5 12/6: 1600 :(, progesterone: 19, after a rollercoater of up & down betas we went ahead with the methotrexate shots and ultimately had a m/c 12/2011 :(

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We loved SJ Fertility. Very Helpful. I would not recommend Dr. Skaf. as he seemed to dry for my taste. No smile, not a very warm welcome. The 2nd appt. I asked to see Dr. VanDeerlyn, who was absolutely amazing. We loved him.

We conceived with IUI and Chlomid on the first try. I am due in February 2012. Do yourself a favor and if you get to the point of getting ready for IUI.....DO NOT GOOGLE IT, and don't read all the bad experiences on the internet. People seem to only post the negative aspects of IUI.  I went in expecting it to hurt, and it didn't at all.  It was actually a beautiful experience and very peaceful.

I wish you all the best with SJ Fertility. They helped us, and I hope they can help you guys :)

• Just to give an update from my earlier post.  After three months of fertility drugs, I got a BFP yesterday.  I really enjoyed my experience with SJ Fertility.  
    "I am a woman phenomenally. Phenomenal woman, that's me."~Maya Angelou BabyFruit Ticker
  • I know this is from awhile ago but just wanted to say I got preggo first time with them! They're awesome!!
  • This is our first time with SJF and we love them. Very accommodating!!! We have seen every dr and love them all. Dr Skaf, rubbed me the wrong way at first but at our second meeting I though he was the man lol. He's just by the book but does come around.

Also we are in the Egg Harbor office but our IUI and HsG test was in the marlton office. Both are great!
  • I did not have a good experience with them.  While Dr. Sawin was very informative and helpful to my DH and I, he missed a huge issue with my thyroid which was causing me to not get pregnant.  We stopped our treatment in September, I got treated properly for my thyroid, and I got pregnant on my own during my December cycle, with twin girls.  All in all, though, the practice staff was generally welcoming and nice.  I loved the nurse at the EHT office with the red hair...can't remember her name.  Dr. Skaf, who I saw once for a follie check, was kind of rude.  Mainly we saw Dr. Sawin though.
    Kristen (34) - PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid
    DH (38)
    Married & TTC #1 Since 12/1/07
    Synthroid 75mcg, Metformin XR 500mg
    BFP @ 10dpo 1/25/14
    Beta #1: 5738  Beta #2: 11,995
    7w2d - It's TWINS!
    EDD 10/7/14

• Hi kmd3180 - I am just starting with SJF and I am wondering why you thought SJF was responsible for diagnosis of a huge thyroid issue? Was it just a standard thing that all patients seeking IUI/ or IVF should be tested for (if so I'm going to of course request that test) or was it something overlooked by them that was represented in your chart from your medical history? I'm just trying to learn as much as I can! Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"