Upstate NY Babies

Disability question.

For whatever reason when my OB wrote my DBL paperwork she wrote my able to return to work date as 8/6/11.. which is 8 weeks from delivery.. but I had a vaginal delivery (which i believe is also indicated on the paperwork somewhere). Will they pay the extra 2 weeks because that is when my dr wrote me out until? or is it just 6 weeks no matter what? I don't want to "scam" anyone.. but I'll sure take the extra two weeks, since i'm hoping to not go back until end of august/first week of sept anyway..
Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
imagebabies
baby growth

Re: Disability question.

• I would call your OB and ask her. Def don't try to get away with anything..not worth it in the long run.
  • wendyjwendyj member
    I'd check with your OB to see if there was any specific reason why she wrote 8 weeks. If she has a valid reason for you to keep it that way, then enjoy it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Well the paperwork has already been submitted for a few days (since Monday afternoon, I think).. I just got copies of it yesterday. So I'm not sure what I would do to change it. I looked over the forms again and on my regular NYS disability paperwork it just says pregnancy, and doesn't say how i delivered.. just that my able to return to work date is 8/6.

I have AFLAC too and on that form it does say vaginal delivery. That just pays 1 lump sum though up front. I know for the NYS paperwork when I had Eve, I had to send a paper back every week saying that i wasn't cleared to work yet.. so maybe I will just ask my dr before i send one of those back.

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"