Military Families
Options

Moving to base housing at 38 wks

So Hubby and I are currently stationed in Germany and live off-base. The wait list to live on the base is so long they just found us housing, after 9 months. The latest we can have them pack and move our stuff is July 21. I know some of you have moved while pregnant, how did you survive it? And if I am still pregnant, which rooms would you concentrate on setting up first? Nursery first, then what?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Moving to base housing at 38 wks

• Options
    I have a personal rule when it comes to unpacking. The nursery is definitely a good place to do early on. I always unpack our bedroom first. It's always important (in my mind) to have it put together the first day for a good night's rest. Then I make sure the kitchen is good to go. That way you can make something to eat the first morning :) I am 32 weeks now and will be moving in a week, so I totally feel your pain! Good luck with the move!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ditto PP about the bedroom and kitchen. Honestly, you probably won't use the nursery much in the very beginning. DS slept with us for about the first month.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah I'm thinking he will be in our room at first. Good point about the kitchen too. Thanks! Oh I forgot to mention, my parents will be staying with us for a month starting 30 July! Of course they booked flights before we knew we were moving, and from a 4 bedroom house. Oh goodness, wish me luck on not killing them haha.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imagerookiemom9:
    So Hubby and I are currently stationed in Germany and live off-base. The wait list to live on the base is so long they just found us housing, after 9 months. The latest we can have them pack and move our stuff is July 21. I know some of you have moved while pregnant, how did you survive it? And if I am still pregnant, which rooms would you concentrate on setting up first? Nursery first, then what?

Kitchen for sure. 

FYI--if you do not reside in the quarters for at least 36 months, you are responsible for painting or pay 400 euro.  That was the option we got.  Self help has paint and all supplies. 
    Make sure when they pack up your spouse is there.  I was at work (we had a 3 BR with 4 floors) and my husband did the best he could.  It will help with control of the movers.  Don't be afraid to tell them how to pack.  Take photos and write it all down.  MAKE SURE that they do not write "PBO" or "Packed by owner" on ANYTHING.  If you have original boxes and you want to pack your stuff in them, great...but leave the boxes open. 

Just my experience from the same situation you had.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I moved at 35 weeks while I was pregnant with twins... It sucked. Thank god all my husbands friends were there to help. We got our bedroom up first then hurried and got the nursery together!
    Born at 39 weeks.
    Wyatt "Baby A" 6lbs13ozs 19in.
    Grayden "Baby B" 6lbs8ozs 20in.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"