Upstate NY Babies
Options

~:JNK:~

Can you give me the rundown on the baby acetaminophen recall?  I want to have something on hand if we need it, but I can't find anything (in 3 different stores) for under 6 mos old.  What's the deal???  :)

Re: ~:JNK:~

• Options

Ya, the Tylenol brand was recalled and still not available from the company.  Then on top of that, basically all OTC meds got pulled to have their labeling changed to older.  So most infant meds now say for ages 2 and up, or 4 and up, or whatever.

But there should be acetaminophen available. Just most likely not under brand name Tylenol.  We have 3 brands available right now on my shelf of  infants acet - Walmart brand, Triaminic, and Pediacare.  (I have always just bought the walmart brand for dd).  They are all the 80mg/0.8ml which is the exact same as it used to be when Gavin was a baby.  But now the boxes say for ages 2+ instead of 6 month+ or whatever it used to say.

• Options
    Thanks! I went to ask when I was at the last store, and the pharmacist wasn't available.  The assistant working the counter was, let's just say, less than helpful. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"