VBAC

New here

Hi All!

I am newly pregnant with my second baby and am debating on whether or not to try VBAC. My DS was induced 1 week after my due date. I was in labor for 12 hours and pushed for 2 hours with no real progress. The Dr. decided it was best to move forward with a C/S as his heart rate was dropping. They could not get my epidural to work properly and had to put me to sleep. Me or my DH did not get to experience my son coming into the world. I did not get to hold him until 4+ hrs after he was born. He was 8.5lbs and 21.5". It scares the daylights out of me to think I may go through the same thing again! I am really hoping for a better experience this time. I have switched doctors (and hospitals) and am really looking forward to a second chance.

I look forward to learning a lot from all of you!

Re: New here

• Welcome and GL!

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Welcome and good luck!   I too had a g/a c section, and didn't get to meet my daughter until hours after her birth.

At first, I was going to not have a csection at all costs.  I am starting to come to terms with the fact I may need another c section, and maybe that won't be so bad this time.  I made myself watch a video of c section, and they are beautiful in their own way, I just wish I could have experienced mine.

I hope you get what you wish for, either way.

• Loading the player...
  • I am not a regular poster on this board as I am not currently pregnant. However your story is exactly like mine. I was induced at 41 weeks exactly. I was in labor for 12 hours pushed for 2 hours-would get to +1 but DD would slide back up. DD went into stress and I had an emergency c/s with g/a due to epidural not working. I also did not get to see my daughter or even know that I had a daughter until 4+ hours after my c/s. She was 9.6lbs and 20.5 inches. I had breathing issues after the c/s from being put under and the breathing tubes. I am totally terrified of having to go through it again which is why I am struggling with the fact of for going the VBAC and just having a rcs. I do not want to miss my next child's birth or first few hours of life. Not to mention have everyone (IL and My parents hold my baby before me). I have time to think it through as I am not pregnant again (yet).

Good Luck!

• Our stories are different, but I also wasn't sure what I wanted to do with baby #2 until about halfway through the pregnancy! Welcome to the board and congrats :)
  • mama31mama31 member
    I am in a similar boat.  DD heart was dropping so I had a CS.  I didn't get to see her for 7 hours and didn't get to hold her until she was almost 24 hours becuase she was in the nicu.  I am 90% sure I want to try a VBAC.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"