DD started off great, now won't go anywhere near the potty — The Bump
Potty Training

DD started off great, now won't go anywhere near the potty

About a week ago, DD asked to go on the potty.  We sat for awhile and she didn't go.  Tried again a half hour later and she peed.  Then, while she was eating dinner she said she needed to go again, and again she peed.  2 hours later, same thing.  I was so impressed and thinking this was going to be a breeze!  She did have a few accidents that day, but that's to be expected obviously.  But since that day she won't go near the potty.  When I ask her if she wants to try the potty she says no and that she doesn't like it.  I don't know how to get her past this.  Should I just put her in undies?  She does not like the way it feels when she pees in them.  Maybe that would be enough motivation...I have no idea what to do!  Help please!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DD started off great, now won't go anywhere near the potty

• There are some potty training tips I read on the pampers website. What stuck with me most was to make a huge deal about going on the potty, try not to scold over accidents, if they revert to diapers... make it a job and just get it done. Give them attention for going on the potty. I used to get SO frustrated because I had 3 kids under 3 and trying to potty train seemed impossible. I just couldn't keep up with it and he wouldn't catch on. He kept going in his diaper and wouldn't tell me he had to go. I asked my mom friends and they said to just let them go hardcore in underwear (or commando!) for at least a week and they will figure it out, especially if they have an accident. They will happen! But this plan worked for me. Hope it helps! And good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards