Special Needs
Options

spatial seizures

we've been on seizure watch since day 3 of life, that's what they were sending him to the NICU for.  We've never seen one or any signs of one (he was hypertonic that's why they thought he was seizing). 

Today he's playing in his exersaucer and all of a sudden is staring at the wall.  I call his name and he doesn't respond which isn't unusual.  As soon as I walked in front of him he smiled, but would not stop looking at the same thing (he was staring at his swing)

You can't distract a seizure correct? 

To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew

Re: spatial seizures

• Options

I've not come across anything about spatial seizures, did you maybe mean partial seizures? You are correct in that you can't distract a seizure. What you describe sounds more like a possible absence seizure. I would keep an eye on him see if it happens again. If it does try to get it on video, & make a note of when it happened, what he was doing before/after, and how long it lasted, then call your pedi.  It 's possible he was just really focused on something. 

Try not to overthink it. Hopefully he was just really concentrating on something & it won't happen again. I know how hard it can be dissecting every look, or movement when your child has epilepsy or in your case an issue that may predispose them to a seizure disorder.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Partial seizures normally cannot be disrupted, but there times that they can be, since they do not actually lose conciouness. I would monitor him closely and see if anything like that happens again. Also with complex partial seizures they can have repetitive movement.
    Got Kids? Get Macaroni Kid! www.albuquerque.macaronikid.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"