Adoption
Options

Initial home study scheduled!

FINALLY, after over two months from our Open House, we were contacted to set up our initial home study/personal interviews! I have so many things to ask the SW, I am excited to finally get some answers.

It is mostly just to make sure our house and our situation "work."  In other words - if we want a kid under 5 the child has to have a bedroom on the same floor as us, what happens if we also pursue having a bio child, etc.  The more intense home studies won't start until after we do Pride Training.  But that doesn't mean I am any less nervous about having someone come and scope out my house.  Yikes!

I have lurked often and read a lot of other posts about people's home studies, but I will be lurking extra hours this next week to help myself relax about this.  Wednesday the 29th can't come soon enoughBig Smile

I haven't posted much, but here is a link to my last post - https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/53661161.aspx

5/10 - Gideon 6/12 Warren
4/11 Started adoption process for 2 siblings through DCF. 10/12 Found out we are licensed! 12/14 Brought 3 week old identical twin girls home from the hospital.  Could be at least until Summer 1015 til we know if they are forever ours

Re: Initial home study scheduled!

• Options
    WooHoo!  Isn't it great to have this initial step on of the way!? Hope time flies for you :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That's great to have things rolling.  Hope it goes by quickly!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats! Our homestudy process begins on the 29th as well:) Enjoy the ride!!!
  • Options

imagenursesrh:
    Congrats! Our homestudy process begins on the 29th as well:) Enjoy the ride!!!

Best of luck to you, I hope everything goes smoothly!

4/11 Started adoption process for 2 siblings through DCF. 10/12 Found out we are licensed! 12/14 Brought 3 week old identical twin girls home from the hospital.  Could be at least until Summer 1015 til we know if they are forever ours
  • Options
    Yay that's super exciting!!
    dx MF & FF IF
    Off B.C. Jan '06, started charting Feb '08, 2% morphology and PCOS, no O with meds,
    IVF w/ICSI only option to conceive.
    Licensed Foster Parents 07.11
    Miracle BFP 7.20.11 1st beta 6,274! EDD 3.17.12
    Miracle Baby born March 5, 2012 . 6lbs 1oz, 19 3/4"
    Miracle BFP #2 10.8.12 - edd 6.20.13

Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats! Exciting stuff :-)
  • Options
    Congrats!  Hope everything is smooth sailing for you!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yay!!!

You're on your way!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Moved to Domestic Adoption 9/09 Matched 10/09 Sweet little Luke was born 12/9/09!
  • Options
    Yes! Can't wait for more cousins for M!
    1/24/10
  • Options

imageStacy112699:
    Yes! Can't wait for more cousins for M!

HA!  Thanks for stalking me, Stac!  I will let ya know how it goes.  ;).  And we may need your help babysitting so we can take our Pride Classes.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"