Adoption
Options

Fostering

Hello All!  I may or may not have introduced myself here in the past, but my husband and I have been TTC for 19 months.  We have recently been talking/praying and decided to not go on with any more fertiity treatments and to focus our money toward fostering and potential adoption.

I signed up online through our local dss to go to an information session next week.  I received an automated e-mail saying that someone would follow up with us in 48 hours and we'd receive a packet in the mail.  It's been almost 2 weeks and we've received no email, phone call or packet.  I e-mailed again to make sure it was ok to attend the session and got no response.  I have no been able to reach anyone by phone.

I use to work for cps and I know how busy they all are, but we are feeling frustrated.  Our plan as of now is to show up and the information session next week and hope they don't turn us away. 

So I hope you guys will have us here as we start this process.  It took many months for DH to really agree that he wanted to go this way too, and now we are so excited/nervous...etc

~*Jenna*~

TTC since November 2009.

Currently licensed foster parents with the hope of adopting!  Also pursuing pregnancy through IUI!  First IUI scheduled 10/3/13

Currently loving our placements:

A 1/08

C 4/11

K 6/12

Re: Fostering

• Options

Hi. I'm in Wake County as well- feel free to e-mail me at jckelly916 at gmail dot com. We are just finishing our process and waiting on a license and placement and I'd be glad to give you any info that I can...I remember being in your shoes! :-)

Also, I had to call several times in the beginning to get information and I honestly don't think they will turn you away by just showing up at all- I *think* there were a few that showed up to the orientation without being signed up prior but show up EARLY because I do think there is a limit?! Again if you e-mail me I can give you some more information of who you may can contact!

• Options
    My suggestion would be to seek out any private foster care agencies that you could work with. We chose to go that way as it was the best decision we could have made.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

best of luck on your journey!

there are pros/cons of workign with both agencies and directly through the state, but its definitely a good thing to research.  I am through the state and the logistics can be incredibly fustrating, but ultimately the pros outweigh the cons and I'm glad we went this route.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"