September 2011 Moms

Failed Glucose Test by 3 points.

So I figured this would be my last pregnancy, but hadn't closed the book on it completely.  But with all the little crappy things happening this time around, I'm done.

I failed the 1-hour glucose test by 3 points.  I never thought I would fail it since I passed it with flying colors in my other pregnancies.  They know I am going to pass the 3-hour, but I have to take it anyway.  That doesn't make sense to me.  

I blame my age and fat a$$ ;)  They just don't mix with pregnancy.

Darn.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Missed miscarriage discovered at 16 weeks on 10/11/10. Baby measuring 12 weeks. Natural miscarriage 10/12/10. We will miss you forever. Chemical pregnancy on June 2012.

Re: Failed Glucose Test by 3 points.

• Aw I'm sorry.  If it makes you feel any better, my OB told me a lot of people fail the 1 hour now because they just lowered the cutoff.

Good luck with your 3 hour!

bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • I failed mine too and passed with DD so ill probably pass the three hour. I don't think I even really failed. Ob said it was just high and abnormal whatever that means.. so well see.. ugh best of luck to us both!
  • Loading the player...
  • The three hour test tastes horrible just to let you know. They will take your blood 4 times. The guidelines just changed this yr that if one of your test results comes back high that you have gestational diabetes. Atleast thats what I was told. I had one result high by one point. But ever since then, Ive had many blood tests and Ive been sent a dietician and endocrinologist and so far the dietician was the only one who made a big deal outta it. She scared me! I just went to the endocrinologist last week and she didnt even want to write GD as my diagnosis bc of test results and my A1C being lower than hers. So my point is dont freak out like I did if they tell you you have GD but get all the facts first cuz with them changing the guidelines I think they are telling ppl they have GD when I think they are just being extra cautious. Good Luck!
  • imagekc10408:
    The three hour test tastes horrible just to let you know. They will take your blood 4 times. The guidelines just changed this yr that if one of your test results comes back high that you have gestational diabetes. Atleast thats what I was told. I had one result high by one point. But ever since then, Ive had many blood tests and Ive been sent a dietician and endocrinologist and so far the dietician was the only one who made a big deal outta it. She scared me! I just went to the endocrinologist last week and she didnt even want to write GD as my diagnosis bc of test results and my A1C being lower than hers. So my point is dont freak out like I did if they tell you you have GD but get all the facts first cuz with them changing the guidelines I think they are telling ppl they have GD when I think they are just being extra cautious. Good Luck!

To the best of my knowledge, if you fail the FASTING sugar, you fail automatically. But for example, if you pass fasting, hours 2 and 3, you would pass. KWIM? You can fail 1 part of the 3 hour, but not the fasting part. HTH.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I failed by 5 points and go for my 3 hour test on thursday  :(

I totally understand your frustration.  The test sounds MISERABLE and in my case, I have to pay out of pocket for it (like everything else in my pregnancy).  So I'm assuming I will pass based on everyone I know failing the 1 hour and passing the 3 hour, and I get to pay for the privilege of it all.

• I failed mine by 3 points too.. I hated wasting my time on the 3 hour too but I passed.. Good luck..
    Former nest name=nettie Mom to Nick 09/13/05, Isabel 07/20/07, and Tori 09/08/11 image
  • I failed by zero points. The cut off was 130 at my OB, and that is what I had! I blame it on karma since I try really hard to be healthy. Going for the 3 hr in the morning!

• I hadn't heard that they had lowered the cutoff.  I wonder why. 

I will probably go and get my 3-hour next week.  It just seems like such a waste of time.  I will be near my doctor's office in the mornings though, so it won't be too big of a deal, I guess.

I just want things to get easy and simple.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Missed miscarriage discovered at 16 weeks on 10/11/10. Baby measuring 12 weeks. Natural miscarriage 10/12/10. We will miss you forever. Chemical pregnancy on June 2012.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"