Illinois Babies
Options

Anyone deliver at UIMC?

Due to some differences in opinion with my OB regarding my delivery options, I am being referred to UIMC for a second opinion and may end up delivering there.  I have my consult with one of the MFMs there on Wednesday at 37w5d.  Needless to say I am nervous about the possibility of switching so late as I am very familiar with the hospital I was going to deliver at (Delnor in Geneva), and it's very far from me so I don't really know anything about UIMC.  I'd appreciate any experience or opinions people have to share about the doctors, facilities, etc.  Thank you!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone deliver at UIMC?

• Options
    I have doula'd there before and the moms had pretty good experiences. The three times I have been there one was a prolonged natural start and they gave her a lot more time to let things happen on their own then others would, they other was a LONG induction, but they really gave her a good shot and the last we showed up and the baby was born less then 30min later. They have a MUCH lower c/s then Delnor, which is great too. 
    Samantha Trebilcock BSN RN, CD(DONA), PES, CBE http://naturalbeginningsdoula.vpweb.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"