North Carolina Babies
Options

Say anything...

The board is dead, so I thought it be fun to do a "say anything" post. Write anything you want that's floating around in your head. Maybe it will get our board going a bit! :)

Re: Say anything...

• Options

I'm going to say I'm so glad it's almost the weekend!

This week has just about done me in...Monday: made lasagna for 40 people, Tuesday: 2-hr park playdate, then snapped & canned 15 gallons of green beans (until 2am!), Wednesday: longest eye appt EVER & getting ready for a shower I'm hosting this weekend, Thursday: 2-hr park playdate, 3-hrs picking green beans w/ J & nobody to help entertain him, plus snapping & canning, Today: finish canning beans, finalize shower stuff & head to Raleigh to host tomorrow.

All good stuff, just so busy & hit at the same time. I may stay in Raleigh an extra day just to get some rest since my DH & J are staying home. :)

• Options

Also, one of my former students was killed in a car crash yesterday. So, so sad & easily preventable if they weren't speeding...

https://www.wxii12.com/news/28265896/detail.html 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageBackthePack:

I'm going to say I'm so glad it's almost the weekend!

This week has just about done me in...Monday: made lasagna for 40 people, Tuesday: 2-hr park playdate, then snapped & canned 15 gallons of green beans (until 2am!), Wednesday: longest eye appt EVER & getting ready for a shower I'm hosting this weekend, Thursday: 2-hr park playdate, 3-hrs picking green beans w/ J & nobody to help entertain him, plus snapping & canning, Today: finish canning beans, finalize shower stuff & head to Raleigh to host tomorrow.

All good stuff, just so busy & hit at the same time. I may stay in Raleigh an extra day just to get some rest since my DH & J are staying home. :)

Seriously, that made me tired reading about your week!  I hope the shower goes well!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am thinking I really need to change my siggie picture. 
  • Options
    I can't believe it's only 10:40 and I am already wishing it was time to leave work for the day. It's going to be a loooooonnnngggg one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagefeistyred23:
    I can't believe it's only 10:40 and I am already wishing it was time to leave work for the day. It's going to be a loooooonnnngggg one.

Oh that is the worst feeling! Hope the rest of the day passes quickly! 

• Options
    I am sleepy.  I have been up past midnight every night this week.  Sleep
    My sweet boy :)
  • Options

I was planning to go to water aerobics class this morning, but then I just faced the fact that I really don't feel like it.  I'm almost 39 weeks pregnant and I'm just ready to chill for a while--I should probably add to chill until the baby gets here on TUESDAY!

Which wouldn't be so hard except that I've got to keep a certain 2 year old entertained.  She has also been trying to boycott her naps except if I put her down really late in the day....I'm beyond exhausted by then!

• Options

I'm afraid I'm becoming that super annoying whiny pregnant lady, but I'm having a really hard time controlling it :(

I feel like I need to just be locked up in my house until DD appears... unfortunately I'm working to the end so I still have to interact with people. 

Our little flower

• Options
    Chronic constipation and trying to clean an almost 4 year out with lots of Miralax is no fun.  I'm ready for my little girl to get "regular" and feel better. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

• Options

I feel like I need to be at home in bed...I spent 2 weeks on antibiotics for an EI in my right ear, only to finish the meds earlier this week and have to return to the doc yesterday to find out I have an EI in both ears now. The infection is apparently so bad both ear drums are about to rupture, and they didn't give me anything for the pain. :(

I also feel the need to go on a shopping spree - I don't really have the money to right now, but I'm trying to redecorate DS1's room, and REALLY want to get some wall decals and cute furniture to coordinate.

• Options

imageWendyNC:
    Chronic constipation and trying to clean an almost 4 year out with lots of Miralax is no fun.  I'm ready for my little girl to get "regular" and feel better. 

That does NOT sound like fun!  I hope she gets better soon!

• Options

I'm ready to let Ella sleep with us.  It's going on 2 months and she still gets up 3-4x a night to crawl into bed with us.  We put her back to her bed without emotion / talking / etc we wait in the hallway while she falls back asleep, but always gets back up.  We've tried locking her door, childproofing the knob, baby gating,etc and it all ends in major meltdowns, banging feet, head on door.  I give up.  I hate make this a habit - but if it means sleep for DH / I  - then so be it for now!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagecate1119:

I'm ready to let Ella sleep with us.  It's going on 2 months and she still gets up 3-4x a night to crawl into bed with us.  We put her back to her bed without emotion / talking / etc we wait in the hallway while she falls back asleep, but always gets back up.  We've tried locking her door, childproofing the knob, baby gating,etc and it all ends in major meltdowns, banging feet, head on door.  I give up.  I hate make this a habit - but if it means sleep for DH / I  - then so be it for now!

I might let Ben sleep with us, every night, after he wakes up once.  It is the only way he goes back to sleep immediately and stays asleep.  Anything else is too much effort and I was tired of being tired (and yet I just posted about staying up late, but I have good reasons for that!).  Usually it is only for about 2 or 3 hours though.  He doesn't sleep with us all night.

• Options

not kid related but it should be. DH has had a sore throat since Monday. Wed I said go to the doc! still nothing. He goes to work this morning, I have the whole day planned out with chores. At 8:30 he calls me to make him an appt!!!! UUUGGHHH!!!!

Why do men do this? Why they cant just face the fact that they are sick and handle it is beyond me. Good greif!

• Options

We got up at 5 to take Owen to get tubes in his ears and I was really hoping he would take a good nap from the anesthesia this morning, but no dice.  I am exhausted - pregnancy insomnia has been killing me and I was really looking forward to a nap this morning.

• Options

I must be as pale as they come.  I just heard someone being described as "not quite as white as AngelPack"  with my real name of course but you get the idea :)

• Options

I've been really trying hard not to watch the news, especially when they update you on live coverage of the trial that is going on right now.  It just hits too close to home and it pains me to see people I know and care about in the news talking about such hard and personal things.  I never expected it to be so publicly televised.

I really need to find a bathing suit.  I'm terrified that I'm still contemplating wearing my maternity suit.  WTH Melissa...get it together.  It's really not that bad.  I am jealous of my friends who have young babies/kids and they are so confident...even enough to wear a bikini and not care what anyone thinks. 

0Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    JuberPJuberP member

I'm competing in my first triathlon tomorrow and am SUPER excited!  I'm not nearly as trained as I should be, but what the heck - I'm going for it anyway.  I am certain that I am driving my husband nuts because I won't shut up about it.  This week has dragged on, but all of a sudden...ohmigosh!  It's tomorrow!!

Oh, and we're dogsitting tonight, so will have three crazy dogs and one cranky cat.  Not expecting much sleep tonight.  

Oh...and other than a small gift & card, I haven't figured out Father's Day plans yet.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageJuberP:

I'm competing in my first triathlon tomorrow and am SUPER excited! 

Wow, go you!

• Options
    JuberPJuberP member
    imageAngelPack:
    imageJuberP:

Wow, go you!

Thanks!!  Outside training is a great way to get some color. Wink

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageAngelPack:
    imageJuberP:

Wow, go you!

Seriously, that is awesome!!  Good luck!

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I am soooo looking forward to a weeklong vacation.  It's been almost 3 years since I've been anywhere for that long of a trip.  I cannot wait!  Paradise
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

we are staying at the IL's beach house (they don't live there anymore but don't aggressively advertise it for rent either) It has been the rule that family doesn't have to pay, so my husb, E, my parents & my bro's family are going to be there next week.

I find out that the AC isn't working, but the "part has been ordered". When I start freaking out that we aren't going to have AC, everyone (husb & inlaws) are acting like I am being unreasonable & spoiled b/c we are getting the place to stay for free. Specifically was told "the people who are PAYING aren't complaining.." which basically I took to mean STFU. If it was just me, it wouldn't be so bad, but I was feeling really guilty about having my parents and bro's family take the week off for a nice vacation (SIL is a massage therapist & doesn't get paid time off, so she is definitely losing money) and then it being a disaster.

Thankfully we got a text yesterday saying it was fixed!

• Options
    imageJuberP:
    imageAngelPack:
    imageJuberP:

Wow, go you!

Thanks!!  Outside training is a great way to get some color. Wink

Yes

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"