Upstate NY Babies
Options

this is annoying, right?

We planned 2 bday parties for Mia around everyone else's schedules.  The 2nd one is Saturday afternoon in Syracuse (an hour away) so the kids and I are spending 2 nights there (I can't deal with all that stuff for 1 night) to get ready, swim, hang with family, etc.  SMIL called about getting together on Father's Day and getting together at a certain time.  We played phone tag about it and I said we would be in Syracuse until Sunday afternoon and basically her last message was that they were doing something late morning so FIL could have the rest of the day to himself.  WHATEVER!  I get when you have kids in your house that occasionally you long for some time to yourself (okay, daily, but whatever), but when your kids are grown and out of the house, don't you want to see them on Father's Day and other such special days?  Call me crazy...
O 10.08 & MJ 6.10

Re: this is annoying, right?

• Options

Did FIL say he wanted the day to himself, or did SIL just assume this?  I would talk directly with FIL/MIL at this point and say "Hey, does 3pm (or whatever) work for you guys?  We will be oot still in the morning, but would like to see you"

• Options

This is why i dont plan around others- when I go to the Bing- I let people know- "I'll be here from x-y time and if we can hang out great if not, I'll catch you on the flip"

and for a man with grown kids or whatever- you would think he would want to spend the day with Family.. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"