Upstate NY Babies
Options

Any beach umbrella / beach bag recs?

I need both.

My SILs have awesome beach umbrellas that I guess they got at Sams club or BJs but we aren't members or anything. There must be a good one somewhere else. I want full shade...I usually get $10-$15 ones that barely block anything. Bigger the better - it just needs to stand up in sand.

I need a nice beach bag too...I'm leaning towards a Lands End one but I have seen others have cool mesh bags and that would be great too...I think.

Any other beach must-haves????

Re: Any beach umbrella / beach bag recs?

• Options

Sams actually has a great beach umbrella right now.  I didn't look at the price bc we just bring our tent thing (that doesn't have sides, but makes lots of shade).  Do you know anyone with a membership that you can go with for a quick trip?

The bag....I also bought mine Sams.  But it would be too small for 2 kids to the beach.  It is perfect for me to take dd to Seabreeze with bc it has a cooler for food and drinks on the bottom half and the top I can fit a towel and clothes and sunscreen.  But even that, I will have to use the basket part of the stroller bc it just isn't quite big enough.  But I like it bc it has straps to make it a back pack too.

• Options

I've been jealous of their beach umbrellas for three years...haha! Maybe I'll just get a darn membership. We do go through a lot of paper towels, bread and chicken :)

They may do a one-day pass thing too. We don't know anyone with a membership. But we've talked about getting one (even if just for another place to go shopping locally since there isn't too much) But DH worked at Sams through undergrad so he kind of has an aversion to it :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I HAVE THE LANDS END CANVAS BAG THAT I GOT FOR $20 AT SEARS.  iT'S THE BIG ONE
  • Options
    if bj's has one you can come shop with me
  • Options

sporting good stores have those sport umbrella shades that I think anchor into the sand; I don't have one but was going to check them out bc they could be used in the yard too. 

Super Brella Beach Umbrella

Not a must for everyone but I love our all terrain wagon; it goes everywhere and works great on the sand too for our needs. 

Anyone know if it is worth it to bring baby powder to get sand off skin?

• Options
    Thanks everyone! J- thanks for the BJs offer...I will check it out! Do you have the beach bag that zips or is an open mouth?? I didn't know that Macy's sold lands end stuff
  • Options
    I love the Nantucket Carry-All bag from Madison Handbags.  I designed it myself and it's gorgeous!! :)  You can also choose to get a regular or water-proof liner (I went with the waterproof so sunblock and lotions would come off in the case of a spill).  Check them out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"