St. Louis Babies
Options

Anyone use Care.com?

In August i will be cutting back to PT hours at work (2 days from home, 1 in the office-yay!).  My MIL has offered to babysit the day i go into the office but she takes a lot of vacations and i may need a sitter on occasion (and 1x/week for the months of Jan/Feb).  I don't have any family in the area that can help and i am hesitant to use someone off craigslist.  Any suggestions.  Has anyone used someone off care.com?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone use Care.com?

• Options
    I do in home childcare, I am not sure where you are located at but I am in High Ridge if i would be of any assistance to you. Just let me know.
  • Options
    While I was a grad student at WashU I had some classmates that were sitters through care.com and they seemed pretty trustworthy.  Have you looked at some of the local university's for babysitting lists?  I know the Brown School of Social Work has a babysitting list.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We are TTC and we plan to use it, but I used it for my dog sitting. This was giving someone the key to my house and hiring them to come in and let my dogs out when we were out of town. They perform background checks and it was really great for us! We interviewed three people and viewed their backgrounds and sat with each of them for over an hour. We also called their references. For the baby we may ask to meet references.

Hope this helps! :)

"Find a place to stand, and move the world."
  • Options
    I used it to find a baby sitter and it was great.  As someone mentioned, they do background checks and will even check your references.  I have never had a problem.  I have also had luck hiring cat sitters on there as well--so it's good to know you can find help for more than one thing.  I know there's a membership fee to join the site, but it was completely worth it.  My DH works a lot so the last minute care option they have was so helpful when our regular sitter couldn't go.  If you are curious to see the sitters in your area (maybe you will see familiar faces--I did! Smile) just go to care.com/ then your zip code.  If you live in New York, it'd be care.com/10011 so do the same for your town.  Hope this helps--it's a great service--I'm sure you'll love it.
  • Options

imageSaints2804:
    I used it to find a baby sitter and it was great.  As someone mentioned, they do background checks and will even check your references.  I have never had a problem.  I have also had luck hiring cat sitters on there as well--so it's good to know you can find help for more than one thing.  I know there's a membership fee to join the site, but it was completely worth it.  My DH works a lot so the last minute care option they have was so helpful when our regular sitter couldn't go.  If you are curious to see the sitters in your area (maybe you will see familiar faces--I did! Smile) just go to care.com/ then your zip code.  If you live in New York, it'd be care.com/10011 so do the same for your town.  Hope this helps--it's a great service--I'm sure you'll love it.

SERIOUSLY! GO AWAY! Let people who AREN'T employees of the website promote your business.  Are you telling me that you used it to find a babysitter in Houston and St. Louis?  What are you doing hanging out on all these boards??

The pimp police has reported you!

• Options
    imagepimp policer:

SERIOUSLY! GO AWAY! Let people who AREN'T employees of the website promote your business.  Are you telling me that you used it to find a babysitter in Houston and St. Louis?  What are you doing hanging out on all these boards??

The pimp police has reported you!

I'm confused...I was responding to a question about I business I used.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"