South Florida Babies

Help: Relocating to Miami Area

Please help!  We are relocating to Miami and have no idea where to start (currently in the Midwest).  We need suggestions on a famiy friendly and safe neighborhood with good schools.  If no specific neighborhood, then please suggest what borders to look in or stay away from.  We would like to stay within a 25 min drive to Brickell area.

We have a 1 y/o and a 3 y/o...    

I do apologize if this has been addressed in the past - did not find anything on the boards.  I hope you can help!  TIA!

Re: Help: Relocating to Miami Area

• AlbahAlbah member
    Hi there! A few nice areas near Brickell you may want to take a look at - Coral Gables, Key Biscayne, and The Roads. And Brickel itself is also a nice option if looking for an apartment. Good luck with the move! ;)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Aside from pp's I have to add Schnely Park & South Miami are good places to buy/rent single family homes.  Very family friendly with big yards and try to find houses that the elementary school is David Fairchild, Sunset or Ludlam Elementary.

Coconut Grove along Bayshore Drive is also a nice area.

Do you have a Realtor helping you? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you!  I will look into those areas.  This is a big move for my family and it is tough with 2 small children because you do not want to jeopardize their safety and want them to grow in a great community.  We will be making a trip to look for a rental property and hope to find something.  Thank you for the school recommendations ? it guides me to the boundaries I should stick to!!!

Re Realtor, yes, we have one that was recommended to us.  However, aside from daily automated emails for Coral Gables, Pinecrest and Coconut Grove, there has been little communication thus far.  I imagine/hope once we go out there for our search, he will be better.  It is wonderful having feedback from moms though!

Thanks!

• JMayJMay member
    This reply is late, but we just moved from Indiana to Miami, and found a place on Key Biscayne.  It's a HUGE change, but the area is really nice, and the community here acts almost like a small town.  Very nice.  GL with your search!
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • I recommend the Miami Lakes area. It has a small town feel and the residents are very friendly. You have everything you need within its borders except for a bookstore and large theatres. I highly recommend Miami Lakes. Good luck!

-Michelle

Prenatal Massage Therapist

Miami,Fl

Best Wishes, Michelle Orchid Prenatal Massage Therapist Miami,FL www.prenatal-touch.com
  • Thank you!  We'll be going to FL at the end of Jul to look at our options.

Illinois here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"