Baby Names

need help with my girl names

I am a frequent lurker, but I figured now that I am getting closer, I hope to join you ladies :) DH and I cant decide on a name for our little girl. So far, here are a few names we like- Gabriella will most likely be the middle name because its a family name, and our last name is very italian sounding, 4-syllables (sounds like an e on the end)

Sophia/Sophie Gabriella S___etti- we both love Sophie, I think the only hesitation for us is the popularity, but we both picked this name early on when we were TTC- to many S's with the last name?

Charlotte Gabriella S___etti (nn Charlie/Lottie)

Emilia Gabriella S___etti (nn Emma?)

Emma Gabriella S___etti - again super popular

Stella Gabriella S___etti

I also love the name Willow, but DH thinks it sounds creepy and has definitely shot it down ;) What do you think?  I'm open to other ideas too!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: need help with my girl names

• I absolutely love Charlotte!! And Charli for a nn is adorable! My bf is 33wks and they're naming her little girl Charli Addison and I think it's cute and diff.  Sophie/Sophia is beautiful but also very very popular, same with Emma and I love both.  Stella is diff and very pretty too!

Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love Stella but Stella Gabriella is a big no.

I think there are too many A's in the names, anyway to make the MN Gabrielle? Sophia Gabrielle is beautiful

• Loading the player...
  • Definitely Charlotte Gabriella.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Since your last name ends with an E sound, I would not go with Sophie. For the same reason, I would rule out Charlotte unless you plan to call her something other than Charlie/ Lottie.

I'm personally not a fan of double initials/ alliteration so that would take Stella and Sophia out for me [though they're both nice names]. I don't like Gabriella with Stella, though, it's wayyy too rhyme-y and sounds like a cartoon character.

That would leave me with Emilia and Emma, even though my favorite names you listed are Charlotte and Stella. If you go with Sophia, I would use the Sofia spelling because you're Italian.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MAMAxBMAMAxB member
    I agree to nixing any of the ones ending in "a" .. too much

Charlotte gets my vote!
    evelyn 4.2010 | will 1.2012 | baby BOY due 12.2014
    pregnant and/or breastfeeding since 2009.

• I love Emma and Charlotte.

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

bfp 4 - 3rd IUI, very late BFN with super low P, c/p

bfp 5 - natural bfp while on lupron, baby born via RCS on 4.27.15 @ 39 weeks

bfp 6 - surprise! baby born via RCS on 11.13.16 @ 38 weeks

• Charlotte gets my vote. I also like Stella but not with the MN Gabriella.
    Anniversary
  • I love Emilia but do not like Emilia Gabriella. Nix the -a and Emilia Gabrielle is a beautiful, classy name.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"