2nd Trimester
Options

discharge question (gross...sorry)

I feel gross even posting this but is your discharge supposed to smell really strange? Like vinegar? Ew, I know, ew.
image BabyFruit Ticker

Re: discharge question (gross...sorry)

• Options
    If it smells like ammonia, it's probably urine and not actual discharge. I don't tend to go smelling vinegar, but if vinegar doesn't smell ammonia-y, you might want to call your doctor cause you could have some sort of minor infection, since normal discharge isn't supposed to have much of a smell at all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I dont tend to smell my discharge lol But ugh is it a normal color. I think a minor smell is normal and it could be urine as well. I would call the doctor and ask, there is no harm in asking a question.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Strange question but if you are wearing a panty liner is it a regular period type liner or a poise liner?

I was having this issue until I switched to a poise liner. I think it has to do with the fact period type liners are not meant for urine leakage where they poise liners seem to neutralize it. 

• Options

Do you notice it more when you sweat in that area? The discharge and sweat combo might be what you're smelling. I know I get kind of a sharp odor when I forget my thin pad and my panties get sweaty. I never thought of it as smelling like vinegar, but now that you mention it, that's probably as close a description as any.

We pee so much during the day that urine residue probably builds up too, no matter how well we wipe.

Cornstarch-based baby powder in the area can help, and so can rubbing a stick of nicely scented deodorant between your thighs very close to your crotch in the morning.

Pregnancy is so glamorous! Cool

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Options
    I think this happened to me yesterday...i think it might have been urine, and I didn't feel it, so it weired me out...now i know that I have to wear panty liners every day..How far along with you? I am just kind of freaking out about being 23 weeks and possibly leaking urine at this point---this is my first baby and I have no idea if this is normal or not...
  • Options
    Started early for me with DD1 and never totally went away. pg with #2 and still happening. :(  I totally suggest poise pads over regular panty liners though.
  • Options
    Yes, i notice this.  And I've developed superhuman crotch sweating abilities.  i made my own concoction of 1/2 baking soda and 1/2 cornstarch and i use it to dust my groin area.  i really think it helps to keep me fresher.
  • Options
    I have problems with this. My doctor said it is unpleasant but normal. I use pantyliners and that helps at least capture the odor (and mess).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"