Connecticut Babies
Options

Deliver or known anyone to deliver at Yale-NH hospital?

I'm wanting to learn more about the actual L&D experience of someone at Yale-NH.  I have Yale Health insurance so that's the only place I'm covered to deliver.  I'm pretty bummed because they don't allow midwives to deliver, but was just curious if anyone had an experience there and what it was like.  Specifically, I'm wondering if they allow you to walk around and are open to natural laboring and delivery.  Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers

Re: Deliver or known anyone to deliver at Yale-NH hospital?

• Options
    My friend had a natural birth at Yale. She was very happy with them but I think it depends on your practice.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I delivered there. My birth was kind of complicated as I was induced and they though DD had a defect, so I was somewhat limited - I wanted to shower, but DD's hr monitor prevented it. Other than that though, the staff was very supposrtive of me. One of the first things they asked was if I wanted meds or not and when I said no they were extremely helpful, bringing me the birthing ball and checking on me frequently. I eventually got nubaine, but I spent 4 hours up and walking around trying to get the birth going. In the end, I wound up with a c-section, but it didn't have much to do with Yale and more to do with my body not responding. 

If you have any more questions, send me an e-mail at ceceandmedesigns@gmail.com and I would be happy to answer them! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

we delivered at yale.  Our birth was all natural.  I used Womens Health associates a midwife group.  I had a L&D nurse in the room with me I would say most of the time.  She asked me once if I wanted meds, i declined and that was that.  She then gave me suggestions, Walking, shower, ball etc. I loved the L&D part of yale but hated the post-partum floor.

You can deliver any way you want, be firm in what you want!

Good luck and congratulations!!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I meant to also add that I walked the halls during the intense part of my labor so they were fine with all the noise ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thank you ladies!  Your stories are encouraging and I hope I have a similiar positive experience.  I'm still amazed that they won't allow midwives at the hospital.  My insurance doesn't allow me to use the midwives at the Women's Center - total bummer. :(  Walking, showers, birthing ball, etc is my plan.  Who knows how it will all go down, but at least there's hope!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers
  • Options

Thanks so much for posting.  I also have Yale Health Insurance and have been wondering the same things!

Thanks! 

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    My Husband's cousin just delivered quadruplets 11 weeks early at Yale this past week. From what I've heard and saw when we were there they seem to be VERY good!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"