Houston Babies
Options

I see door knob covers in my near future

like tomorrow!  DS opened 2 different doors in the last couple of days.  The on this weekend I thought was just a fluke b/c it was an oval doorknob and easier to turn, but this morning, when i was trying to keep him in our bedroom while I was getting ready b/c DH was on a work call in his office, I didn't hear him crying anymore and went aroudn the corner to see him out of the room! 

Re: I see door knob covers in my near future

• Options
    Cameron has been opening doors for months - especially "push" doors.  However,  he has also recently mastered the "pull" ones, including the doors out of the house.  Everyone seemed to say the door knob covers were pretty useless, so we just keep the doors out of the house locked.  He's been surprisingly good about respecting the doors I keep closed (to the bathrooms to keep him from playing with the toilet), and if DH leaves one ajar (the powder room is the one he usually leaves open), Cameron will go close it as soon as he discovers it is open.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My son can open the door to the pantry, thats the only one he tries to open...He's a chunk who has always loved to eat!

When did you move your son to a toddler bed? I am kind of dreading it, he has never tried to get out of his crib, and he loves nap time/bed time. 

Boy Stole my Heart
    Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Photobucket Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageJudesmom09:

My son can open the door to the pantry, thats the only one he tries to open...He's a chunk who has always loved to eat!

When did you move your son to a toddler bed? I am kind of dreading it, he has never tried to get out of his crib, and he loves nap time/bed time. 

We haven't moved him, yet, and now I am even more scared to!  :-)  He has never tried to get out of his crib, either, so I am just sticking with it.

• Options
    Ah ok, haha, well im glad im not the only one!!! You must post how it goes when you decide to! :)
    Boy Stole my Heart
    Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Photobucket Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    My little stinker has figured out how to unlock the back door and turn the knob to get out.  Funny thing is that he could care less about all of the other doors in the house.  I have to lock the door with my key if I want him to stay inside.  Ahhhhh!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageKNJepp:
    Cameron has been opening doors for months - especially "push" doors.  However,  he has also recently mastered the "pull" ones, including the doors out of the house.  Everyone seemed to say the door knob covers were pretty useless, so we just keep the doors out of the house locked.  He's been surprisingly good about respecting the doors I keep closed (to the bathrooms to keep him from playing with the toilet), and if DH leaves one ajar (the powder room is the one he usually leaves open), Cameron will go close it as soon as he discovers it is open.

I don't know why, we got them when ds started opening doors and they work great for us!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • Options
    we've somehow managed to go this far without them. dd has figured out how to open them, but the front door is still tricky. i also think there will be security latches in our future.
  • Options

We put them up already when DS started crawling! We covered the stove knobs too, and the plug outlets, and put a baby gate up so far.

oh yea cabinet locks too

18 Months!! imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We put doorknob covers on the two doors we care about already: the bathroom and the front door.

Unfortunately the front door one is also very good at keeping ME in. I'm about thisclose to taking the thing off. 

imageimage

• Options
    imageQuizzle:

We put doorknob covers on the two doors we care about already: the bathroom and the front door.

Unfortunately the front door one is also very good at keeping ME in. I'm about thisclose to taking the thing off. 

Do you have a dead bolt on your front door? Or even a regular lock. Just keep it locked and then you don't have to worry about it. Not till there are about 2.5-3 will they maybe figure the lock thing out, if they can reach it. The only thing we have ever baby proofed are the outlets. All our chemicals are out of reach and everything else its pretty much ok if he gets into, plus I stay at home so i have my eyes on him all day anyways. Those baby locks can be way to frustrating for us adults!! haha I do without or id go crazy. 

Boy Stole my Heart
  • Options
    mom2llmom2ll member
    We had to put metal flip locks on the top of every exterior door in our house and the pantry...  Luca quickly figured out how to remove the cover to open the door.  He can also unlock dead bolts....  He may not know his colors, but he know his mechanics!
  • Options

imagebpaullo:
    We had to put metal flip locks on the top of every exterior door in our house and the pantry...  Luca quickly figured out how to remove the cover to open the door.  He can also unlock dead bolts....  He may not know his colors, but he know his mechanics!

Haha this is funny!! smart kid! 

Boy Stole my Heart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"