Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

? about mylicon drops

When do you give these? Before or after a bottle or can they be mixed in? Also, do you give them with each feeding?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: ? about mylicon drops

• Options
    We put them in every single bottle.  Our pedi said you can not overdose on them.  I decided to do that to get rid of the bubbles in the bottle after shaking the powder/formula.
    Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    You can give it directly out of the dropper or you can mix with BM or formula. Whichever is easier. If you mix, though, make sure baby consumes the whole bottle. Our baby likes it either way. You can also do "fart aerobics" with your baby--that seems to be working really well, he's a lot less fussy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We give them after she eats.  They can be mixed in as well.  I have a gassy baby so when its really bad she gets them every 2 hours.
  • Options

The instructions should be on the bottle...

https://www.mylicon.com/products/

Directions

• shake well before using
    • all dosages may be repeated as needed, after meals and at bedtime, or as directed by a physician. Do not exceed 12 doses per day.
    • fill enclosed dropper to recommended dosage level and dispense liquid slowly into baby's mouth, towards the inner cheek
    • dosage can also be mixed with 1 oz. of cool water, infant formula or other suitable liquids
    • clean dropper well after each use - recap bottle with original cap

AGE   WEIGHT      Infant?s MYLICON? Drops
      Newborn   -------------  
    0.3mL
      Infants
    under 2 years
      Under 24 lbs  
    0.3mL
      Children
    over 2 years
      Over 24 lbs  
    0.6mL

• Options
    We always geve them to DS after a feeding, to get rid of the air he swallows during the feeding. He loves the taste of it, so we don't mix it with anything.
    imageimage
    BFP # 1- DS ~ TTC #2 since Jan. 2012 - BFP # 2 - "Baby Elsie" - Blighted Ovum - D&C August 22, 2012 at 7w3d, BFP # 3 - CP - December 30, 2012, BFP # 4 - CP - March 19, 2013 ~ First RE Appt. 4/24/13 Med cycle #1: 50mg Clomid and Trigger shot = BFN. Med. Cycle #2: 6 cysts found. No meds/rest cycle. Trying on our own = BFP # 5! Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 129 Beta #3 = 94 - CP - July 2, 2013. BFP # 6! Beta#1 = 21, Beta#2 =58 Beta#3 = 134. U/S shows heartbeat of 142 at 7w2d!
  • Options
    My pedi just told me how to use these today!  He said they don't work if the baby already has bubbles.  More a preventative.  But he said to give them 4 times a day spaced out to try and prevent gas bubbles. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"