Upstate NY Babies
Options

how do you grill potatoes?

I am craving a thanksgiving dinner and I remember last year mrswhite made an entire dinner on the grill. So I want to try it but we have never made potatoes on the grill.  I would want to do regular and sweet potatoes.  Any ideas?

Re: how do you grill potatoes?

• Options
    I have cooked small potatoes on kabobs (red and sweet) and have also used a grilling basket. I wouldn't think you'd also need big potatoes and they would prob take forever. I've seen people just cover the whole ones in foil like you would to make baked potatoes in the oven. I almost always make entire dinners on the grill. It's so much easier than being two places at once.
  • Options

we do baked potatoes on the grill all the time (both sweet and idaho) I just put them in the microwave for a bit till they are just about fork tender (a little underdone) then wrap in foil w/ some olive oil and S&P and grill until cooked through w/ crispy skin.

I also love baby red potatoes on the grill. I toss them w/ olive oil, chopped garlic, sometimes sliced red onion, S&P, and some dried herbs then make a foil packet (a few layers of foil, so it's sturdy) poke a few holes w/ a fork to let steam escape and then put in on the grill for 20-25 minutes till done.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH always slices them with the skins on, put them on a piece of foil, seasons them, put a little slice of butter on the foil with them, then folds the foil up around each one and makes like a little sack for the potato. They always turn out really good.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    wendyjwendyj member
    I do the same thing NikCole does. If you do the potatoes chunked up in a foil packet, be sure to shake them around often so they don't burn.
  • Options

imagekac0807:
    DH always slices them with the skins on, put them on a piece of foil, seasons them, put a little slice of butter on the foil with them, then folds the foil up around each one and makes like a little sack for the potato. They always turn out really good.

this is what we do too but with olive oil- yum

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"