Upstate NY Babies
Options

Who's working out today?

okay ladies, what are your plans to burn some calories today?

Anything else you'd like to share? How is your week starting out? Making any good, healthy recipes this week?

Re: Who's working out today?

• Options
    I made the barbacoa beef from skinnytaste.com last night. I did it in the crockpot instead of a pressure cooker. It is so good! If you haven't been to skinnytaste before, I would highly recommend it - she has a ton a delicious looking recipes, and includes all the nutritional info, even points and sometimes points plus.
    image        image
  • Options

I am already dressed for the gym... just have to wait until the childcare opens at 9. I plan on doing week3, day2 of C25K and some weights.

I just finished a healthy, filling breakfast of steel cut oatmeal (my new favorite) w/ sliced banana, chopped pecans, cinnamon and some pure maple syrup.

I'm not really making anything too exciting this week... just using up lots of veggies from the farmers market in stir-fry, pasta and grilled vegetable kabobs. Plus some whole wheat honey rolls for pulled pork sliders on Father's Day.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageIrisheyes1247:
    I made the barbacoa beef from skinnytaste.com last night. I did it in the crockpot instead of a pressure cooker. It is so good! If you haven't been to skinnytaste before, I would highly recommend it - she has a ton a delicious looking recipes, and includes all the nutritional info, even points and sometimes points plus.

yep, I love her blog... it's in my google reader. I've made quite a few of her recipes.

• Options
    wendyjwendyj member

I am probably not doing anything physical once I get home today. I have gotten very little sleep over the last couple days and now I'm really dragging. If anything, I'll mow the law when I get home if a) DH hasn't done it already and b) it isn't raining. Then, as soon as DH gets home from his soccer game, I'm crashing.

I did pretty well yesterday with eating and drinking water. Had leftover grilled shrimp and veggies last night for dinner. So yummy - can't wait to make it again! Will probably have quesadillas on corn tortillas for dinner tonight. A 6-inch is only 1 WW points plus value. Yahoo!

• Options
    wendyjwendyj member
    imageNikCole:

II just finished a healthy, filling breakfast of steel cut oatmeal (my new favorite) w/ sliced banana, chopped pecans, cinnamon and some pure maple syrup.

I made this on Saturday - threw in banana and some frozen mixed berries that I had on hand. So yummy! I'll have to remember to put some together tonight so that I can take it to work tomorrow for breakfast. Thanks for the recipe!

• Options

I'm going on the treadmill either during naptime or after the kids are in bed - or a little of both. It looks like a bomb went off in our house so I have a ton of cleaning to do before Evan's OT appt at 4:30. If I can clean enough before naps then I should have time for a quick workout/shower before she gets here. I have that C25K app downloaded on my phone - but I haven't looked at it yet.

Last night I went on the treadmill for a little over an hour and burned ~350 calories. At about the 45 minute mark, DH peeks his head in and asked where the stuff was to make strawberry shortcake for himself. Seriously!? :)

Tonight I think we're going to have turkey burgers and sweet potato fries...I'll probably cut the patty up an mix it in with a greek salad - lettuce, tomato, little red onion and feta.

I still could be better with water. I'm thinking about putting reminders in my phone every two hours :)

Ok - good luck today! I'm off to start cleaning!

• Options

workout time is cleaning time today after work, must scrub the bathroom, fold laundry and tidy up things elsewhere, it's a 2 for 1 deal, clean and burn some calories.

i asked my dad to take my bike to the shop for a tune up- it needs one bad, they said 4-5 days, i'm, hoping the spring rush is over and i'll have it back by the weekend

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"