Upstate NY Babies
Options

Dr. Appt. - blah!

I had a check up today.  Not only am I measuring small now, he told me I need to wear braces on both of my wrists because I've started to develop carpal tunnel.  It's mainly my right wrist, but my left does hurt at night, and according to him, with the heat and the likelihood of me swelling, it's only going to get worse if I don't wear braces basically 24 hours a day.  Talk about awkward...especially when I'm peeing like every 30 minutes.  Such a pain!  Hopefully they help.

I'm going in tomorrow for an ultrasound to check baby's growth and my fluid level to make sure everything is ok.  Hopefully me measuring 2 weeks behind all of a sudden is just a fluke. 

Re: Dr. Appt. - blah!

• Options
    Belle started measuring behind at about 30 weeks. I had to go in for u/s every other week to measure her growth and my fluid levels. For the rest of my pregnancy my fluid levels went up and down and at 37 weeks I was sent in to be induced. Belle had completely stopped growing and my fluid levels dipped really low. She was born perfectly healthy at 37 weeks and 2 days. She was 5lbs 13on. Try to stay off your feet as much as you can (I know not so easy with another child) and drink lots of fluids. I am sure she will be fine. Try not to worry to much before your u/s. Good Luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Oh no! I had pregnancy induced carpal tunel and it isnt fun...hopefully the braces will work for you because they did nada for me...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry, that stinks.  I hope the braces help, and that baby is A-ok tomorrow!
  • Options
    I started measuring small about 32 weeks. At 32 weeks I was measuring the same I did at 28 weeks. At 32 weeks my fluid was measuring about 11. They had me come in every week for US, nonstress test and doc appointment.  When my fluid got below 10 they had me come in every week....and below 7 every 2 days. Once it got to be 4, they induced me. DD was born at 38 weeks 2 days. No idea where all my fluid went :) I'll tell ya tho when they broke my water... my DH said "WOW if that's what low fluid looks like... I'd hate to see what happens when people have normal fluid!" Thanks DH! Good luck! Keep us posted! Hope your arms feel better!
  • Options
    wendyjwendyj member
    That stinks. I had PI carpal tunnel, too. The brace never did a thing for me, and luckily it was one of the first things that went away once I had DS. Rest up and hope everything is back on track soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"