Military Families
Options

Single sailor care package

I adopted a single sailor and was looking for ideas of what to put in his care package. I want to mail it tomorrow so I am headed to Targer/grocery store tonight. Any ideas? I've met the guy at parties but don't really know him. So far I'm thinking beef jerky, some kind of candy?, gum, magazines... I guess if he doesn't like what I pick he can just pass it on.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Single sailor care package

• Options

hard candy that can not melt

beef jerky

crackers

cookies

single serving drink mixes

magazines

non-aerosol air fresheners (put them in zip bags so they don't make everything taste funny)

sunflower seeds

nut mixes

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It may sound corny but a card or short note of support. Just because they're single doesn't mean they don't like hearing those things. One of my H's friends mentioned this after deployment that he actually really liked getting something like that to read just like all the married guys did. Even though he'd never even met the person who "adopted" him, they ended up becoming pen pals throughout deployment.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I just put one together for one of DH's coworkers, who has literally NO ONE in his life (parents are dead, no wife/gf, no kids, etc.)  I bought:

Gum
    Air heads (candy, single servings)
    Toothbrush
    Flavor packets for water (I got these Mio things, there are also Crystal Light ones, etc.)
    Beef jerky
    Ho hos
    Cheese and crackers
    Pudding (special request)

If he's into sports, you could send Men's Health or any type of sports magazine (DH and his buddies are still into Fantasy Football, so I know that's coming up.)  I think they'll be grateful for really anything you send.  :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I adopted a sailor a few years ago through work. I sent him differnet card games, and wrote him really silly stories that made him laugh. We were also able to email weekly becasue of his position so we shared funny jokes/pics etc. We lost touch when he returned state side. I have since met my SO, and someday soon, I'll be his little Army wife.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"