Houston Babies
Options

Good ideas for a flight? (games, etc)

We're taking our first flight with Cooper in a few weeks.  Besides a DVD player, any good ideas on toys/games that we should pack?

I thought about crayons, but he drops them so I can see them rolling all over the plane.

I also plan on grabbing a ton of stickers...but that's about all I have.

Re: Good ideas for a flight? (games, etc)

• Options

i got this idea from the boards, but it worked great.   i got a special present which i wrapped and saved for when we boarded the plane.  they got to unwrap on the plane and so of course the appeal of a new toy really kept them entertained.  i bought those mess-free maker books and it kept my DD entertained for the entire flight!  good luck!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageKelleyA:

OMG thank you!  C has one of these that came from Wal-Mart during Easter - probably $2.  He loves it, but I kept telling DH I wanted to get him a bigger one.  I'll be ordering one this week from Amazon.

• Options

they make triangle shaped crayons. crayola makes them and so does Melissa&Doug. we have them for the boys for planes, restaurants, wherever. so much better than round.

stickers are great. i typically bring a pad, crayons/markers, stickers and post it notes. i let the boys stick the stickers and notes in the in flight magazine and they think that is the bees knees. i have been doing this since T was C's age so it's not just a bigger kid thing. post it notes make them feel like they are really getting away with something, have the same effect as stickers but are easy to peel and can usually be gained for free somewhere.

don't forget SNACKS! 

• Options
    imagerayskit10:

they make triangle shaped crayons. crayola makes them and so does Melissa&Doug. we have them for the boys for planes, restaurants, wherever. so much better than round.

stickers are great. i typically bring a pad, crayons/markers, stickers and post it notes. i let the boys stick the stickers and notes in the in flight magazine and they think that is the bees knees. i have been doing this since T was C's age so it's not just a bigger kid thing. post it notes make them feel like they are really getting away with something, have the same effect as stickers but are easy to peel and can usually be gained for free somewhere.

don't forget SNACKS! 

ditto everything V said.

maddy is not big into stickers so i didn't think they would keep her entertained, but they sure did.  she sticks them in the mini notebook i bring, and then draws in there with her triangular crayons too.

those and a couple of books.

• Options
    Good call on the post it notes.  I have a ton I've collected from tradeshows.
  • Options

I kept this link for future use.  We will probably have to break some of it out since we are flying for the 4th.

https://www.deliciousbaby.com/journal/2007/nov/16/ten-tips-keeping-toddler-occupied-plane/

ETA:  This one, too:

https://www.deliciousbaby.com/journal/2007/nov/20/ten-great-travel-toys-you-already-have-at-home/

• Options
    I'm glad you posted this question.  We are taking DD on a flight in July and this will help.  Thanks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Your same is about the same age as Ally and we just got back from a trip a couple of weeks ago.  So mostly what was said...travel pro doodle (I got the one with the light because pressing the light button is like another toy that will entertain them for like 10 extra mins).  I also got the mess free markers and some coloring paper.  SNACKS is a big one (try to do fruit snacks where you can break the pieces up into small one and so the bag last longer). The DVD player was the best thing to bring on for us.   I also brought a lot the following and it was entertaining to her, however, a PITA when she dropped them: 

https://www.amazon.com/International-Playthings-1581-Hide-Squeak/dp/B00068Q7LC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1308360094&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/Lauri-Toys-Tall-Stacker-Pegs-Pegboard/dp/B00000J4HK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1308360225&sr=8-1 (she can play with these forever)

The biggest advice I can give you is to let your husband go on board first with the carseat to install  (if you have a separate sit for him) and then you go on last with the him during final boarding. There's nothing worst than adding an extra 20 mins of being on the plane waiting for people to board and your kid being good during that time but then antsy 30 mins later.   

Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
  • Options
    I haven't followed the links to past threads, but we got a book of restickable stickers from target. It was near the activity books in the back of the store, and has hundreds and hundreds of animal/insect stickers. I let Tracey stick them all over the plane, and we took them off and stuck them on the coated surfaces of the book when we landed. (She and my nephew also enjoyed sticking them all over the windows in Grandpa's house!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"