Hawaii Babies
Options

*annasan* - TGIZQ + Game of Thrones

SO funny you mention TGIZQ because we just watched Star Wars the other day and I was all, daaaaamn, I need to start up TGIZQ again.

RAWR. Big Smile

Also, how have you been liking Game of Thrones? Have you read the books? I'm midway through the second - it's a bit of a slog at times (and I'm not normally into fantasy), but they're pretty good.

As much as I love me some Sean Bean though, I'm not sure he's right for Eddard Stark, who I pictured as being much more gaunt and wiry and grey. The rest of the casting is pretty good though, especially Tyrion and the Lannisters (although I'm not crazy about the weedy mustache guy playing Jon Snow, or the girl who plays Sansa - she's weirdly un-emotive in her facial expressions, and Sansa is supposed to be all weepy and whatnot).

Re: *annasan* - TGIZQ + Game of Thrones

• Options

I LOVE YOU!  :)  Ah, ZQ, where have you been?  Actually, I read an article featureing JJ Abrams and he said the movie next Star Trek might not come out next year due to delays with the script writing.  He'd rather they take their time and write a great story than rush out and make some crap movie.  I totally understand but I have to wait?!?!?!?

So I actually have not been watching Game of Thrones because we don't have HBO.  I did see the first episode, and I cannot wait for the series to come out on DVD.  I read all the books about 4 years ago - they are pretty epic and I surprised myself I could remember all the various characters.  The world Martin created just facinates me.  I read the next book, Dance with Dragons or something, is supposed to come out this summer (?).  Now if only I had time to read!  As far as casting goes, I haven't seen much, but I do dig who they picked to play Dany and Arya.  If you care for any LOLs, this tumbler site is hilarious.  Oh, and I love the opening credits to the show, song and visuals.

• Options
    imageredshoegirl:

SO funny you mention TGIZQ because we just watched Star Wars the other day and I was all, daaaaamn, I need to start up TGIZQ again.

Star Wars or Star TrekWink

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We just got into Game of Thrones and are ADDICTED!!! Watched all of the past episodes and were SHOCKED by what went down last night. OMG! I don't want to be a spoiler, but do you know to what I refer? Just ordered the set of books!!
    Malia & Dave & Alexa
    Happily married since 2-17-08! Three since 9-9-09!
    Baby Blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagemyday1708:
    We just got into Game of Thrones and are ADDICTED!!! Watched all of the past episodes and were SHOCKED by what went down last night. OMG! I don't want to be a spoiler, but do you know to what I refer? Just ordered the set of books!!

I think I do ... if it's in reference to the head of the house of Stark.  (side note, I've always wanted a direwolf, too bad they're extinct ;) ).  I found the books addicting, and be prepared for more twists and turns you never saw coming.  Seriously, I'd be so shocked that I'd have to put the book down and stew for a while.  I hope you enjoy the books, they're really long but totally engrossing.

• Options
    imageannasan_k:
    imageredshoegirl:

Star Wars or Star TrekWink

OMG! My nerd card may be revoked. LOL my dad would disown me for that typo! Embarrassed

Noooo! They can't push back the second movie for another year! But I guess I'll survive if it's to improve the story - that's a pretty good reason, and I'd rather they got it right. But still...

Re the Game of Thrones opening credits - I LOVE them. I know that might sound lame, but they are truly brilliant. Ben usually skips forward past opening credits, but I make him sit there and watch it with me - such a great concept and visuals.

Dany is excellent casting. I wasn't sure about her in the first episode, but the actress has really grown on me and is nailing her transformation from uncertain teen bride to khaleesi

imageannasan_k:

imagemyday1708:

I think I do ... if it's in reference to the head of the house of Stark.  (side note, I've always wanted a direwolf, too bad they're extinct ;) ).  I found the books addicting, and be prepared for more twists and turns you never saw coming.  Seriously, I'd be so shocked that I'd have to put the book down and stew for a while.  I hope you enjoy the books, they're really long but totally engrossing.

We haven't watched this episode yet (we're going to in a few minutes!) but yeah, I think I know the bit in the book. I was all WTF???? when I got to that part because how could the author do it?! But it's worked really well for plot in the second book, so even though it was a shock (and for a few pages I was convinced that maybe there would be some kind of crazy escape to get out of the situation), it works well. 

Malia, I have to warn you, the books are a bit of a slog - long, even a bit bloated in areas, and a LOT of the first book is just setting the scene for the rest of the series. There were a few times when I wasn't sure if I'd stick with it, but I'm enjoying the hell out of the second book!

• Options
    Oh! Two more random thoughts. Stick out tongue I really like the depiction of the Wall in the TV show - it's such an immense structure that I had a hard time picturing it when I read the first book, so having a visual really helped. Second thing - is it kind of weird that the show writers added two years to all of the minors' ages? E.g., Robb and Jon are 17, not 15, Bran is 10 not 8, etc. Ben's theory is that it makes all the sex (especially for Dany, who was 14 in the book but 16 in the movie) less squicky. He may have a point...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"