Upstate NY Babies
Options

Roc ladies: The sandbox indoor playground

Anyone been? Do you recommend it for 12 month old, 14 month old and 3 y/o? How much is admission? The website really doesn't say much about it. Do you know if there are times that are better to go than others? Thanks!

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

Re: Roc ladies: The sandbox indoor playground

• Options

Is this the site you went to?

https://www.thesandboxplayground.com/

Admission prices are on there-if you click on the ladybugs to the right it shows pics of areas.

I've taken DD there 2-3 times and she loves it.  They have lots of toys to play with, a bounce house and slide, climbing things.  We went in the morning since she naps around 1. The one time we went it was really crowded and another time it was dead-probably depends on the weather too. 

• Options

I think it is up to $6.75, and that is for 12 mos and up. I always went early, they open at 9am. It is great for those ages, with more to do for the 3 yr old. I have taken R since before he could crawl, he always loved it. I would push him around in the push buggy thing and he would watch the kids.

There are little play areas for pretend play, a big blow up slide for the older kids (all kids have to be under 8yrs), a bounce house, a pellet sandbox, and an area for the little babies. I think the website is great.....shows pics and such pretty accurately. Kids must be in socks, as are adults. There is an eating area and snacks can be purchased.

Have fun if you go! It is a great place for about 2 hours of play! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yup, all those ages will like it!  We have only gone a few times just bc I have a strong membership so visits there are "free" and it is closer than the sandbox.  But dd would actually like it even more now that she is bigger.  The times I went were all in the morning and I didn't think it was too crowded.  Not empty, but not too bad.  I would assume they would be less busy in the summer simply bc ppl will play outdoors more or go to places like spray parks and seabreeze.
  • Options
    Thanks for posting this!! I'm new to the area and that seems like a lot of fun!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"