Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

Looking for a midwife in Dallas

Hello, all you Mommas! I am new to the bump, and look forward to getting to know you all! My husband and I are looking for a midwife in the area. We just found out we are pregnant this last week. I've been checking out the Swiss Ave birthing center, but really want to explore my options, before making a decision.  Any of you lovely ladies go the natural birth route?  Any midwives you'd recommend? I want someone who will be sensitive to my needs and wants.  Thank you!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Looking for a midwife in Dallas

• I used Aliza who is a CNM at Allen Presby Hospital. Loved her and can not say enough good things about her!
    Mom to former 30 weeker born early to Pre-E. Now happy, health and growing at home!
  • Congratulations on your pregnancy!! Smile I had a natural birth with my son, and it was a wonderful experience. I used Cecily Floyd, and LOVED her. I'm definitely going back to her for baby #2. I immediately felt comfortable with her, and through out my whole pregnancy she made sure my husband and I understood everything going on and that we had the final say in things. Plus, she stayed with me the entire labor, and even spent 2 hours carrying hot water from a coffee maker into my room to add to the water in the tub( I labored in a waterbirth tub and the hot water felt heavenly on my back!).

She practices with the Woman's Health Alliance, and sees patients in Dallas or in Mesquite. https://wha-docs.com/ourmw.htm I have also heard great things about the Swiss Ave birthing center. Good luck with whatever you decide! Feel free to message me if you have any questions about Cecily!

• Loading the player...
  • I visited the Swiss Avenue birthing center and thought it would work, but it didn't feel *quite* right. So, I asked the nurse who normally does my annual check-ups and she recommended the Allen Birthing Center. I took a tour of them and thought that they've seemed much warmer and sensitive than the Swiss Ave midwife. I've been for two prenatal visits since then and still feel that way. I've been really happy so far. (20 weeks tomorrow!) I was originally a little put off by the idea of driving to Allen, but it's really not bad at all. (Just hoping I don't need to head for the birthing center at rush hour.)

The Allen center has three midwives on staff and you meet with each of them at least a few times during your pregnancy so that when you're in labor, you're familiar with who ever is on call. 

• I have been seeing Cecily Floyd this whole last year.  I just feel like I would be more comfortable birthing in a center or at home.  But Cecily is wonderful! :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm a client of Cecily's as well, pregnant with my first.  I wanted a natural hospital birth, and of course she's perfect for that.  Another resource with frequent NB posts, including home, CBCenters and hospitals, is DFW Area Moms:

https://www.dfwareamoms.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24

image imageimage Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"