Maryland Babies
Options

water birth?

im looking for a hospital that does tub or pool births so i can find the right doctor to switch to? does anyone know of a hospital in the Baltimore area that does this? my dream place to give birth is GBMC but it does seem like they do that im not sure yet until i take my tour soon but it doesnt say on their website.  

Re: water birth?

• Options
    I believe on our tour of Sinai they had one or two rooms with tubs but I have no idea if they let you birth in them or just labor in them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Upper chesapeake medical center has a room with a tub, I delivered there and had a good experience. I also love my Dr's highly recommend them. My in laws like st joes so i almost switched I am 100% glad I stuck with my Dr.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    As far as I know, the only places you can labor with a tub or have some type of a water birth experience are Mercy Hospital and Special Beginnings (a birth center).
    Visit The Nest! image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageCali1012:
    As far as I know, the only places you can labor with a tub or have some type of a water birth experience are Mercy Hospital and Special Beginnings (a birth center).

You can also have a water birth at Bay Area Midwives, which is another birth center owned by AAMC.  My friend had a water birth at Mercy Hospital using Evelyn Muhlhan's group back in 2009 and she enjoyed it.  (I do think it is a little odd that they insist on breaking your water prior to getting in the tub but maybe that is hospital policy).  I had a water birth at SB in 2009 and would be more than happy to tell you more about it.  Water births rock!

• Options
    imageanonsouthernbell:

imageCali1012:

You can also have a water birth at Bay Area Midwives, which is another birth center owned by AAMC.  My friend had a water birth at Mercy Hospital using Evelyn Muhlhan's group back in 2009 and she enjoyed it.  (I do think it is a little odd that they insist on breaking your water prior to getting in the tub but maybe that is hospital policy).  I had a water birth at SB in 2009 and would be more than happy to tell you more about it.  Water births rock!

just fyi, evelyn only does homebirths now

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagephoto_nut:
    imageanonsouthernbell:

imageCali1012:

that's not what her website says.  I emailed one of her midwives, who is a friend of mine on FB to verify either way.  Today is her Sabbath so I probably will hear back from her tomorrow.  

• Options
    imageanonsouthernbell:
    imagephoto_nut:
    imageanonsouthernbell:

imageCali1012:

that's not what her website says.  I emailed one of her midwives, who is a friend of mine on FB to verify either way.  Today is her Sabbath so I probably will hear back from her tomorrow.  

She must not have updated the website, I was calling her to use her for my birth in January, and I was told as of January, she would only be doing homebirths and was very clear that she is no longer doing hospital births. Unless she found another hospital to allow her to deliver, she is no longer associated with Mercy.  I had 2 weeks to prepare for a home birth if I were to use her. I am glad I didn't though, I had my baby a week early and would not have gotten supplies or had her assistant able to visit my house in time.

Do you mean Kathy Sloane? Evelyn has no other midwives that work with her

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagephoto_nut:
    imageanonsouthernbell:
    imagephoto_nut:
    imageanonsouthernbell:

imageCali1012:

She must not have updated the website, I was calling her to use her for my birth in January, and I was told as of January, she would only be doing homebirths and was very clear that she is no longer doing hospital births. Unless she found another hospital to allow her to deliver, she is no longer associated with Mercy.  I had 2 weeks to prepare for a home birth if I were to use her. I am glad I didn't though, I had my baby a week early and would not have gotten supplies or had her assistant able to visit my house in time.

Do you mean Kathy Sloane? Evelyn has no other midwives that work with her

Yes so sorry!  Ty for helping me figure that one out.  And I am glad that you were able to get the birth that you wanted!  My friend did use Evelyn for his birth but I was confusing the two midwife helpers from Sloane's group w/Evelyn's.

• Options
    I did not have my DS in the water (I had the option, but I was more comfortable on all 4s out of the water after my water broke) but did labor in a tub w/ him at the Bay Area Midwives birth center. It is located at AAMC and should there be a major complication you can be in an OR or your LO could be in the NICU just as quickly as if you were laboring on the L&D floor there. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"