March 2011 Moms
Options

Momma's with boys

We have been invited to a kids swim party.  We have swim diapers for him (although they start at 16 lbs and he's only a little over 12) but what else should he wear?  Swim trunk sizes don't start until 6 months.
imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker      

Re: Momma's with boys

• Options
    Swim shirt/rash guard.
  • Options
    Last weekend was my little guys first time in the pool.  I had him in a bummis swim diaper and a swim shirt that was a 50 spf.
    Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I would return the swim diapers that are too big, they won't do any good if they are too big. I would use a reuseable type like these. They'll work better.

And get a rash gaurd

• Options
    eturpeturp member
    DS has been swimming with swim diapers that are a little too big-they are the pampers ones. They really are just too long so I just roll them down and he is fine. I would definitely recommend a rash guard to protect him from the sun and if you want swim trunks for him Gap sells some in 0-3 and 3-6 mo sizes. I have a pair and they fit DS perfectly. Have fun swimming!
  • Options
    I hear ya, I posted something earlier this week asking the same thing.  My DS just measured 12 lb 3 oz this week and I found a reusable diaper at Toys R Us for $9.99 that was actually a little snug!  It was a size small and the only brand they sold.  Check it out...also, FYI, I bought the cute shark swim outfit from the GAP in 3-6 mos size and it fit him fine except the hat part but it still wasn't too bad and I know he'll be able to use it all summer :)
  • Options

We also bought swimmi's but havent' tried them yet, and we tried the Small disposable swim diapers and they fit fine (he didn't poop though), he's only 13lbs.  We have a set of matching swim trunks, rash guard, bucket hat and flip flops from Old Navy in size 6-9 months.. they're a bit big but not ridiculously so.  I added a pic to our FB group, so you can see his outfit.... tinypic wouldn't allow me to upload one!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've never heard of a rash guard.  Where do you buy those?
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    Rash guard is just a t-shirt (sometimes with long sleeves) that protects from the sun.  Most say UPF50+ on them.  I got mine at Old Navy, but I've seen them at Children's Place too!  Smile  If you do a google search, you'll find a ton more!! GL!
  • Options

imagecharley7:
    I hear ya, I posted something earlier this week asking the same thing.  My DS just measured 12 lb 3 oz this week and I found a reusable diaper at Toys R Us for $9.99 that was actually a little snug!  It was a size small and the only brand they sold.  Check it out...also, FYI, I bought the cute shark swim outfit from the GAP in 3-6 mos size and it fit him fine except the hat part but it still wasn't too bad and I know he'll be able to use it all summer :)

Luke has the same one.  We put it on him last night for his first swim, and it is adorable! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageJanaVT9183:

imagecharley7:

Luke has the same one.  We put it on him last night for his first swim, and it is adorable! 

I need to check the GAP near us.... that is the cutest outfit I've ever seen!!! Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"