Baby Names

thoughts on Adeline?

Leaving to my 37 week check up here in about an hour and trying to kill some time....

What's everyone's thoughts on Adeline?  Haven't heard it much (if any) on this board. 

I really like Lorelei these days...but now I'm kind of liking Adeline.  I thought it was pronounced "Ad-deh-Line" but after looking it up it says it's pronounced "Ad-eh-Lynn", which i love too because Lynn is my mom's MN. 

What's everyone's thoughts on Adeline?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: thoughts on Adeline?

• I like it. I always thought it was pronounced Ad-deh-Line as well....which I like better than Ad-eh-Lynn...that reminds me too much of Addison I guess. But it's still pretty. GL!
    After 15 months of TTC w/ PCOS & MFI, suprise BFP 4/28/12!
    EDD 1/5/13
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • This is my DH's favorite. He has it super highlighted in our baby name book. I like it but think it's gaining popularity pretty fast. I think it's really pretty and I wouldn't mind "Addy" as a nn either. I also thought it was pronounced "LINE" at the end. That might get annoying for her to have to keep correcting people. I wonder if there's a better spelling?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLace815:
    I like it. I always thought it was pronounced Ad-deh-Line as well....which I like better than Ad-eh-Lynn...that reminds me too much of Addison I guess. But it's still pretty. GL!

This is what i think too!  i like ad-deh-line much better....

here's the link with how to say it.  guess you could always just say ad-deh-line and no one would ever really know...

https://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/meaning_of_Adeline.html

Pregnancy Ticker

• https://www.babynamespedia.com/meaning/Adeline

I always pronounce it with Line.  But I have heard it Lynn, and I don't like it as much.

2 little ladybugs, 2 angels, and a baby due December 28, 2011 Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageHappily Overwhelmed:
    This is my DH's favorite. He has it super highlighted in our baby name book. I like it but think it's gaining popularity pretty fast. I think it's really pretty and I wouldn't mind "Addy" as a nn either. I also thought it was pronounced "LINE" at the end. That might get annoying for her to have to keep correcting people. I wonder if there's a better spelling?

You are right, there is a bettery spelling for "line"!  it's Adaline!  here is link....

https://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/meaning_of_Adaline.html

Pregnancy Ticker

• Our friend's daughter is Adelyne, (ad-a-lynn).  Just a different way of spelling it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like it pronounced "line" not "lynn."  I do think it's gaining popularity which does bother me, but I feel like if you really like a name popularity shouldn't stop you from using it.  I do like Lorelei better than Adaline though and I think Lorelei has better nn potential than Adaline does.  

photo bazingif2_zps814467e5.gif

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Not a fan. I like Adelina better.
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Love this name! Definitely a fan of the LINE pronunciation though!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Also love it - with "line." 

What happened to Gianna???

• I had a friend growing up named Adeline (pronounced "line", not "lynn").  She was called Addie.  Her name got made fun of all.the.time because it was unusual.  Now, it's trendy.  Funny how things change!
    PhotobucketLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My niece's name is Adeline (pronounced with a "line).  It's a family name, it was also my great grandmother's name and it was pronounced the same way.  What  happened to Gianna?
  • I like it said Aid-uh-line. I think its really pretty and would fit right in with Lily, Violet and Charlotte and the like.
  • My husband LOVES Adeline. (I think he thinks he invented it...). I like it, but don't love it. I think I would like it a lot more if "Addy" names weren't all over the place right now. 
  • I LOVE the name Adeline (pronounced like Ad-deh-line). It's on the top of my list Yes

All Welcome :)

imageimage

***Losses mentioned***

***TTC since June 2011
    ***DH to see urologist Feb. 2013
    ***BFP #1: Feb. 2nd, 2013; M/C #1: Feb. 12th, 2013 5w3d :'(
    ***1st RE appt. April 10th, 2013
    ***IUIs #1-4 all failed
    ***IVF Consult October 7th, 2013
    ***IVF #1- January 2014: ER 1/20, ET of 2 embryos 1/23, Beta 2/5 *none to freeze*

***Feb 14th, 2014- M/C #2 @ 5w5d :'(

***RPL Bloodwork---- diagnosed with Factor V Leiden and MTHFR

***appt. w/ Genetic Counselor- April 18th

***hysteroscopy/laparoscopy scheduled for May 22nd- looks good

***IVF #2- July 2014

***7/26 Retrieval- 3 eggs :( , 2 fertilized :), none to freeze

***7/28 ET- 2dt of 2 embryos, stick little embies!!!

***8/11 beta- BFN :(

***WTF- DE IVF best option now

***DE IVF- January 2015

imageimage

imageimage

imageMissing my 5 angels

• Thanks Everyone!  Really love Adaline right now!

I think we are "over" Gianna right now....we are looking for a classic/traditional name with a fun/trendy nickname.  While we love the name....i'm not feeling it to be classic. 

I was thinking for Adaline she could have a nickname of Ada or Ava.  What do you think?

Pregnancy Ticker

• I REALLY love Adeline. This was our first name choice if DS2 was a DD : )
  • I like it.  Pronounced with the "line" not "lynn."  I think it's really pretty.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I love Adeline. Adilene was actually one of our top choices because it is a family name, but I like Adeline that much more. I think the most natural nickname is Addy, but you can always call your LO whatever nn you like.
    {06a578fc-2cfd-4248-85f4-b62a450aed47}_5 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"