Houston Babies
Options

Getting to Know You Poll...come on out lurkers...

I've seen quite a few new names on here lately, so just for fun...

1.  Your kids names? Ages? 

2.  Are you a SAHM or if you work what do you do? 

3.  Favorite thing about being a mom?

4.  Least favorite or most trying thing? 

5.  Part of town you live in?

6.  #1 reason your kid is awesome (go ahead and brag, post a picture, whatever)

7.  Tell us something interesting about yourself.

My big boy is bounding towards 4! Baby brother coming in October!
Hipster dog is not impressed.

Re: Getting to Know You Poll...come on out lurkers...

• Options

1.  Your kids names? Ages?  Connor, will be 4 next month. Expecting #2 in Feb.

2.  Are you a SAHM or if you work what do you do?  I am a 2nd grade teacher

3.  Favorite thing about being a mom? Seeing DS learn new things and just enjoy life.

4.  Least favorite or most trying thing? Behavior issues! We have a very stubborn, hot-headed kid who will go into full meltdown mode over the smallest things sometimes.

5.  Part of town you live in? Spring/Woodlands

6.  #1 reason your kid is awesome (go ahead and brag, post a picture, whatever) He just says the funniest things and has his own rationalization for everything. Today his thumb hurt because I wouldn't let him play on the computer. :)  His daycare teacher told me he was one of the 2 brightest kids in the class, even though he's one of the younger ones.

7.  Tell us something interesting about yourself. Before I became a teacher, I worked in tv programming for the local PBS station.

• Options
    Not a lurker, but I'll play too!1.  Your kids names? Ages?  Amelia - 3.5 years, Juliet - 11 months2.  Are you a SAHM or if you work what do you do?  Both, I SAH with my kids and own my own business
    3.  Favorite thing about being a mom? knowing that my children know they're loved and cherished...that's even better than being loved back.4.  Least favorite or most trying thing? tantrums 5.  Part of town you live in? NW (Spring)6.  #1 reason your kid is awesome (go ahead and brag, post a picture, whatever) My kids are super smart (no, I'm not just biased) and Amelia amazes me with her creativity and the things she comes up with.  7.  Tell us something interesting about yourself.  I have a crazy insane fear of....cotton balls.  They make me cringe, it's awful. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

1.  Your kids names? Ages? Cooper, 17 months today.

2.  Are you a SAHM or if you work what do you do?  I'm a historian, I work for a publications project at a university but I'm not a professor.  I don't teach, just research and write.  Occasionally I guest lecture but I kind of hate it, I'm working on making myself do it more and hate it less.  Big Smile

3.  Favorite thing about being a mom?  Watching him learn.  It's amazing how quickly he is picking up new words now, I guess it's time to clean up my language!  I also just love seeing what he's interested in, and seeing his personality develop, see who he is becoming. 

4.  Least favorite or most trying thing?  Oh that's a tie between the lack of sleep and the tantrums. 

5.  Part of town you live in?  Spring Branch, near Memorial City Mall

6.  #1 reason your kid is awesome (go ahead and brag, post a picture, whatever)  He says 30 some-odd words now, one of his favorites is "cool" he says it when you give him something he wants, makes me laugh every time.   He's obsessed with books and signs "book" and "read" while shouting "Eeeed!"  And if you don't stop what you're doing and read to him he smacks you with the book.  That cracks me up too.  He's just a funny kid. 

7.  Tell us something interesting about yourself.  Before I was a historian I was an archaeologist, I switched fields because I didn't really like living in a tent.  Now I kind of miss it.   I used to get stopped by the border patrol all the time though when I worked out in W. Texas, I guess young women w/ a truck full of shovels and a week's supply of water is a little unusual.  Stick out tongue
    My big boy is bounding towards 4! Baby brother coming in October!
    Hipster dog is not impressed.
  • Options
    abs05abs05 member

1.  Your kids names? Ages?   Madeleine is 6 1/2 months

2.  Are you a SAHM or if you work what do you do?   SAHM now.  I was a retail store manager previously.

3.  Favorite thing about being a mom?  The smiles and giggles.

4.  Least favorite or most trying thing?  Keeping her entertained.  She wants to be mobile so badly and just isn't there yet.

5.  Part of town you live in?  Near Kelley.  We are neighbors.

6.  #1 reason your kid is awesome (go ahead and brag, post a picture, whatever)  She is very passionate about everything.  She loves doing new things and learning new things. 

7.  Tell us something interesting about yourself.   I am super boring.  Can't think of anything!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    1.  Your kids names? Ages? Natalie is 3 (see ticker), Julia is due in a few weeks

2.  Are you a SAHM or if you work what do you do? SAHM

3.  Favorite thing about being a mom? the reward of knowing I do a good job helping her learn and grow

4.  Least favorite or most trying thing? She is very strong willed and spirited -- a handful from the time she gets up until her head hits the pillow.

5.  Part of town you live in? We live just outside Princeton, NJ area (used to live in Bellaire)

6.  #1 reason your kid is awesome (go ahead and brag, post a picture, whatever) She sleeps until 8:30am :)

7.  Tell us something interesting about yourself. I am an extremely boring person. Is that interesting enough? ;)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Dylan - 18 months,  Braylon - 4 months

I work 30 hours a week as a programmer

The love for my kids.  Watching them grow up and enjoying life.  Watching my two kids interact with each other and my older son enjoying being with his baby brother.  I can only imagine this will only get better (and worse in some ways when they fight).

Right now, it's lack of sleep/lots of crying with the infant and temper tantrums with the toddler. 

Clear Lake

Dylan is so smart and sweet.  He loves to be held and cuddled, loves to read books and learning what things are (he goes around and points - "what's that?"), he's learning new words every day it seems.  He loves his baby brother and likes to sit next to him and hold his hand and just generally loves life.  He's usually very well behaved too and listens well.  Braylon loves watching Dylan and everything going on around him.  Seeing him smile and Dylan and their interactions are the best.

After 2 years and 6 IUIs, we did it with IVF w/ ICSI!
    BFP with no treatment!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

1. Your kids names? Ages? Avery, she will be 1 on July 4th

2. Are you a SAHM or if you work what do you do? I am an RN in a NICU

3. Favorite thing about being a mom?  How much I love her and watching her learn new things.

4. Least favorite or most trying thing? How the priorites have changed and things do not get done as fast as they use to

5. Part of town you live in? San Antonio, I wish I lived in Houston still.

6. #1 reason your kid is awesome (go ahead and brag, post a picture, whatever)  She has huge blue eyes.

• Options
    RaeAntRaeAnt member

1.  Your kids names? Ages? Sebastian Xavier 17 months

2.  Are you a SAHM or if you work what do you do?  SAHM

3.  Favorite thing about being a mom? Making a difference...helping to develop a well rounded,loving, and intelligent little person

4.  Least favorite or most trying thing? Trying to keep my patience in check. Sometimes i get very frustrated and have to remind myself of his age and comprehension level.

5.  Part of town you live in? Katy

He's friendly, outgoing, shares, is kind to others, helpful, very bright, handsome as all get out, people stop us everywhere we go to comment on his eyes and that he should be a Gerber Baby, creative,all around near perfect little boy.

7.  Tell us something interesting about yourself.  I originally hail from PA. Performed professionally in theater for 12 years. Met my DH by literally falling for him in a game of volleyball at a company picnic.

• Options

1.  Your kids names? Ages? Joshua (4.5) Gabriel (2.75) Elijah (3.5 months)

2.  Are you a SAHM or if you work what do you do?  SAHM, bootcamp owner

3.  Favorite thing about being a mom? Watching my kids learn new things

4.  Least favorite or most trying thing? the screaming

5.  Part of town you live in? NW

6.  #1 reason your kid is awesome (go ahead and brag, post a picture, whatever)  Joshua has a gentle heart, Gabriel is so smart, Elijah can roll over.

7.  Tell us something interesting about yourself. Met DH on the internet 12 years ago.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1. Your kids names? Ages?  Audric 9.5 months

2. Are you a SAHM or if you work what do you do? RN-OBGYN

3. Favorite thing about being a mom? Absorbing the love my child gives me. You literally smile everyday when a parent (or you should)

4. Least favorite or most trying thing?  liver disease!

5. Part of town you live in? Missouri City, Texas (Sienna Plantation)

6. #1 reason your kid is awesome (go ahead and brag, post a picture, whatever)

incredibly handsome, personality that shines, easy to soothe, a great eater, and he plays very wel by himself!

7. Tell us something interesting about yourself.  I'm very giving and attentive to friends and family

18 Months!! imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageSuzi-G-:

1.  Your kids names? Ages? Noah 5 1/2

2.  Are you a SAHM or if you work what do you do?  I have been a SAHM, but will be going back to work next year.  I will be teaching Kindergarten.

3.  Favorite thing about being a mom? Watching him grow and learn new things.

Backtalk!  He has just started this and it is awful.

5.  Part of town you live in? Baytown

He reads on an above 5th grade reading level (the test they gave only went through 5th).

DH and I were high school sweethearts and have been together 15 years.

Kelly, Mom to Noah 8.27.05 (born at 26 weeks)
  • Options

1.  Your kids names? Ages? Bri (11), Kairi (8), Charis and Jocelyn (7&7), and Xander (4)

2.  Are you a SAHM or if you work what do you do?  I am a WAHM. I am a birth doula, childbirth educator, author, and mw apprentice

3.  Favorite thing about being a mom? watching them grow into able-bodied, confident, competent young mini-adults.

4.  Least favorite or most trying thing?  They always seem to have more energy than me! :)

5.  Part of town you live in? south of Houston

6.  #1 reason your kid is awesome (go ahead and brag, post a picture, whatever) my 11 year old? She sings Sarah Brightman and Pavarotti, reads at a 10th grade level, loves placentas and childbirth, and wants to be a midwife.

My 8 year old is amazingly intuitive, a deep thinker, soft spoken, and one of the most empathetic people you will ever meet.

Charis is our dramatic dreamer. She wants to open a restaurant and 'take care of people' by cooking for them. She is always asking to work in the kitchen and has an amazingly adult palate.

Jocelyn can do anything athletic the first time. 4 years old? Hops on a bicycle for the first time with no training wheels, never falls. We tell her how to do a back hand-spring. She nails it the firs time. Fearlessly able-bodied.

And little Xander, a lover, not a fighter. He is a protector through and through. Would rather snuggle than wrestle, but defended his sister against a boy twice his age at the playground.

7.  Tell us something interesting about yourself. I am a wonder-bread hippy. I have tattoos, piercings, wear stilettos and ripped jeans, like a nice cabernet and bri en croute... but I also strive for organic, holistic, conscious AP living, semi-raw lifestyle with vegetarian inclinations, have been to the doctor once in the last 6 years, and am an extroverted pacifist.
  • Options

imageSuzi-G-:

I'm not a lurker, but oh well :) 

1.  Your kids names? Ages?  Charlotte, 3 years old

2.  Are you a SAHM or if you work what do you do?  SAHM part-time (two days a week); the other three days I run my home organizing business and am a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts.  These days, my business is on hiatus while I help my mom with my dad's estate.

3.  Favorite thing about being a mom?  The affection I get from Charlotte.  She's so sweet (well, when she wants to be).

4.  Least favorite or most trying thing?  The three year old attitude/tantrums.  Oh, the tantrums...

5.  Part of town you live in?  Just moved over to Memorial area. 

6.  #1 reason your kid is awesome (go ahead and brag, post a picture, whatever) She's freaking smart and says things that I don't know how she knows.  She also speaks on the level of a 5 or 6 year old kid, so she's really easy to communicate with and has been since she started talking.  

7.  Tell us something interesting about yourself.  I'm a huge fan of hip hop music and dance, and it's my favorite style of dance (ie, I do not dance like a stereotypical "white girl").  People are usually shocked when they find out I'm a hip hop dancer. I used to be a dancer on the Planet Funk team, and used to take classes there religiously b/c it's the only true hip hop studio I've been able to find in Houston.  I've always dreamt of being a dancer in a hip hop music video...I miss dancing :(

• Options

1.  Your kids names? Ages? Truitt, 4 and Mathis, 2

2.  Are you a SAHM or if you work what do you do?  Technically I am a SAHM but more like a mom who doesn't work since my kids are both in school from 8:30-3:30

3.  Favorite thing about being a mom? Watching them grow and learn new things. Seeing how they are like or unlike me and DH. Watching them grow as siblings and friends has really been special.

4.  Least favorite or most trying thing? Lack of me time. This is why they are in school. I am not really cut out to be a SAHM but it's also what's best for us with no family here as back up or relief. I have always been the kind of person who needs a good chunk of me time to decompress or I am miserable to be around!

5.  Part of town you live in? The Heights

Truitt is an amazing big brother. He is about as kind and loving as a 4yo can get. The best is how much he loves to teach his brother, explaining new concepts and helping him to learn.

Mathis is too cute for words. The blue eyes, the dimples. He is f.u.n.n.y. and such a mama's boy. I can't wait for the major development that happens in this 3rd year of life. 

As much as I like my time away from my kids, I can't wait for us to spend 3 weeks together in my hometown. It's going to be an awesome time (and I think we'll all be ready for them to go back to summer session when we return). I'm also a Sagittarius.  

• Options

1.  Your kids names? Ages?  Grayden- 2 1/2 and Bennett- 1 month

2.  Are you a SAHM or if you work what do you do?  SAHM. In my former life I was a bookkeeper.

3.  Favorite thing about being a mom? Hugs and kisses from my kids (well kid, one of them just lays there like a lump for now lol). Seeing him do something that I taught him, without my prompting. He says please and thank you and yes sir/no sir and it makes me so so proud!

4.  Least favorite or most trying thing? Potty training. Knowing that I'm not going to sleep through the night again for at least another 18 years.

5.  Part of town you live in? Southwest

6.  #1 reason your kid is awesome (go ahead and brag, post a picture, whatever) B is such a snuggly, smooshy, adorable hunk of love I can't stand it. And G loves his Momma more than anyone else and I could just kiss his face off. And they're both crazy cute.

7.  Tell us something interesting about yourself. I can play a mean game of Just Dance on the Wii. Ask Harmony =)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageSuzi-G-:

1.  Your kids names? Ages?  Stepson-12 Landon-2 and one on the way 

2.  Are you a SAHM or if you work what do you do?  ESL Teacher

3.  Favorite thing about being a mom? The hugs and watching them learn new things.

4.  Least favorite or most trying thing? Stepson forgets EVERYTHING and Landon is soooooo stubborn.

5.  Part of town you live in? Sugar Land/Fresno

Stepson-His quick wit always makes me laugh

Landon- Recongizes 23 letters and is very photogenic.  I'm looking for an agency or an agent.

7.  Tell us something interesting about yourself.  I am terrified of having a newborn and a 2 1/2 year old in one house.  I want a girl since we have two boys already. I can hardly wait for my ultrasound on Monday.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1.  Your kids names? Ages? I just have a bump... he is due around the 1st Sept!2.  Are you a SAHM or if you work what do you do?  Im a SAH Pregnant Wife! I am a geologist but havent worked since we moved to Houston
    3.  Favorite thing about being a mom?.... at the moment Im enjoying his little movements in my belly!4.  Least favorite or most trying thing? back ache!5.  Part of town you live in? Westside.... just off Eldridge.6.  #1 reason your kid is awesome (go ahead and brag, post a picture, whatever) I'll let you know in a few months.... but he knows when to kick and squirm to cheer me up when Im having a bad day!7.  Tell us something interesting about yourself.  Im originally from England but we lived in Canada for 7 years.... and now we are in Houston for DH's job. Since I havent been working Ive been getting into lots of crafty things, eg quilting and card making.... never had much time for that before.  DH and I like to do photography at the weekends. I love doing things like bootcamp but have become a lazy bum since Ive been pregnant... well except for swimming occasionally! Looking forward to doing some kind of baby bootcamp once the LO arrives! And Im hoping having a LO will make it easier to meet other moms in Houston!!
    Our little boy arrived 4 weeks early! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    imageSuzi-G-:

1.  Your kids names? Ages? Elena, 15 months.

2.  Are you a SAHM or if you work what do you do?  PhD candidate at UH. Although I don't work DD goes to daycare so that I can finish my dissertation (sigh) 

3.  Favorite thing about being a mom? Seeing DD achieve little milestones, and how things that I can do without thinking twice are in fact very complex. When I see the whole process of learning to move, to roll, to crawl, to walk, I feel in awe at the complexity and wonder of the human body.

4.  Least favorite or most trying thing? She still wakes up around 1:30 or 2:00 am and only a bottle of warm whole milk would do. 2%, 1%, or fat free milk do not work, and she'll scream her lungs out if we try to dilute the whole milk with water.

5.  Part of town you live in? East downtown

6.  #1 reason your kid is awesome (go ahead and brag, post a picture, whatever) Elena is a natural ballerina. When she moves, it is a thing of beauty. She rolls, crawls, walks with a lot of grace.  People at daycare, and friends, and family also have noticed this.

7.  Tell us something interesting about yourself. We are from Colombia, lived in England for a few years, and moved here because of DHs work. I'm originally a biologist and now I'm getting a doctorate in management. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    PheWmsPheWms member

1.  Your kids names? Ages?  Miles just turned 3.

2.  Are you a SAHM or if you work what do you do?  I am the accounting supervisor at a refinery.

3.  Favorite thing about being a mom? Being responsible for this little being and watching him grow and learn new things every day.

4.  Least favorite or most trying thing? TTC his sibling, as I have fertility issues. 

5.  Part of town you live in? Beaumont, but when I lived in Houston before I was married, I lived near the Galleria/Ballaire.

6.  #1 reason your kid is awesome (go ahead and brag, post a picture, whatever)  Miles is extremely smart and voices his opinion at the drop of a hat... just like his awesome mommy. :)

7.  Tell us something interesting about yourself. We are toying around with moving back to Houston in te next few years.  I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.  All of my friends from the area either have already moved or will be moving from Houston very soon.

• Options

Finley,  Almost 3 weeks old.

Right now I SAH but will be going back 2 days a week...short ones.

I love everything about being her Mom right now.

Can't say that there is anything trying right now in my eyes. I am just so grateful to have a healthy baby. My pregnancy was very hard and we did not know if she would make it at one point.

We live in the south east side of town.

I'm not on my computes so I have no picture. She is in my siggy though :)

I've always wanted to be a SAHM and am pretty excited that I pretty much get to have my cake and eat it too since I also love my job. We have worked it out that she won't have to go to daycare on those two days I will work.

• Options
    aly&jjaly&jj member

Lauren - 10 months old

I have been a sahm for a week now : ). I was a third grade teacher, and now I am going to tutor from my home once school starts back up.

Watching my daughter grow and learn, seeing the amazement in her face when she discovers something new, and her sweet snuggles.

I don't remember the last time I slept through the night.

NW, Oak Forest

She has the longest eyelashes I have ever seen. We get stopped every time we go somewhere. She also has the prettiest smile : )

I married my high school sweetheart. We've been together for 15 years and married for almost 3 years.

DD 1 - Aug. 2010
    DD 2 - Jan. 2013
    Baby Boy -  EDD April 12, 2015

• Options
    kj07kj07 member
    1.  Your kids names? Ages? B, 5.5 months

2.  Are you a SAHM or if you work what do you do?  work in public health

3.  Favorite thing about being a mom? watching him concentrate

4.  Least favorite or most trying thing? the fact that he's still waking up twice a night to nurse

5.  Part of town you live in? inside the loop

6.  #1 reason your kid is awesome (go ahead and brag, post a picture, whatever)  he's sitting on his own!

7.  Tell us something interesting about yourself.  My H says I have monkey toes.  They're pretty long and flexible and quite useful for picking things up when you can't bend over/crouch down.

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Options

1.  Your kids names? Ages?  Rena, 3 years old

2.  Are you a SAHM or if you work what do you do?  both, I work part-time (20-25 hrs a week) as an accountant

3.  Favorite thing about being a mom? watching her grow and learn new things, doing girly things together (pedis, shopping, etc)

4.  Least favorite or most trying thing? potty training, 3 year old attitude (those of you who said the 3s are worse than the 2s are soo right!)

5.  Part of town you live in? Pearland

6.  #1 reason your kid is awesome (go ahead and brag, post a picture, whatever) She is super cute, super smart, and hilarious! She reminds me so much of her daddy!

7.  Tell us something interesting about yourself. My mom and I share the same birthday, DH and I have been together 10 years this month.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

1.  Your kids names? Ages?  Kyle 9 1/2 months

2.  Are you a SAHM or if you work what do you do?  internet marketing

3.  Favorite thing about being a mom? Kyle learning new things

4.  Least favorite or most trying thing? time management

5.  Part of town you live in? Midtown

6.  #1 reason your kid is awesome (go ahead and brag, post a picture, whatever) He is such a good baby. So laid back and sweet

7.  Tell us something interesting about yourself. Not sure if I am that interesting

DSC02496
    5/17/09 Silverlake Sprint Triathlon 1:28:32
    10/3/09 Susan G. Komen 5K 28:58
    1/17/10 Chevron Half Marathon 2:09:08
    2/27/10 ConocoPhilips Rodeo Run 10K 1:10:49
  • Options

1. Your kids names? Ages?  Evan - 15 months

2. Are you a SAHM or if you work what do you do? I am a technical writer

3. Favorite thing about being a mom? Loving my little man and watching him learn and grow.

4. Least favorite or most trying thing? Dealing with undesirable behavior. I have trouble determining what is "age appropriate."

5. Part of town you live in? Sugar Land

6. #1 reason your kid is awesome (go ahead and brag, post a picture, whatever) He is so smart and clever. He asks to touch things and holds out 1 finger. He is a little mimic and tries to repeat most things we say. Like last night after he threw some food he said, "not nice."

7. Tell us something interesting about yourself. I hate shopping for clothes and shoes. I guess that is a good thing for our budget, but I also never seem to have things to wear.  :-)

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• Options

1.  Your kids names? Ages? Avery (almost 4), Joseph (just turned 2)

2.  Are you a SAHM or if you work what do you do?  I work FT as a corporate communications manager

3.  Favorite thing about being a mom? There are so many.  I am a big fan of snuggles.  I also love watching them learn new things and interacting with them.

4.  Least favorite or most trying thing? The fighting between the two of them.  It drives me insane.

5.  Part of town you live in? West Side

6.  #1 reason your kid is awesome (go ahead and brag, post a picture, whatever)  They are hilarious.  They crack me up every day.

7.  Tell us something interesting about yourself.  I love love love having parties.  I will use any excuse to have a party.
    imageimage
    Pics by Fleurish Imagery
  • Options

1.  Your kids names? Ages?  Cason, 14 Months

2.  Are you a SAHM or if you work what do you do?  Work 4 full days a week in Software. 

3.  Favorite thing about being a mom? Man, thats hard to answer.  I just love it all. Having something to smile about every day.

4.  Least favorite or most trying thing?  Balance.  Trying to learn how to do it all while learning that I can't do it all.

5.  Part of town you live in? Montgomery (Basically The Woodlands)

6.  #1 reason your kid is awesome (go ahead and brag, post a picture, whatever) He's just so  easy.  I don't have to fight with him to sleep, eat, etc.  (I'm waiting for that light switch to flip and the crazy kid to arrive)

7.  Tell us something interesting about yourself.  I dunno, I think I'm pretty boring.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageSuzi-G-:

1.  Your kids names? Ages?  N just turned 2 and H 3 months

2.  Are you a SAHM or if you work what do you do?  Technical writer and other things for offshore engineering company

3.  Favorite thing about being a mom? watching them turn into little people.  Hearing DS#1 say "I wub you" and seeing DS#2 smile.

4.  Least favorite or most trying thing? The tantrums and the baby waking up 1-2 times a night 

5.  Part of town you live in? West side

DS#1 is a happy kid and talks so well.  He amazes us everyday with the things that come out of his mouth.  He is taking swimming lessons and has no fear of the water.  DS#2 is just a happy guy (but sure can scream when upset!) and loves to be snuggled by momma.

7.  Tell us something interesting about yourself. My face turns red at the drop of a hat.  I hate that it does but I am used to it. 

• Options

1.  Your kids names? Ages?  Carter and he is 14 months old.

2.  Are you a SAHM or if you work what do you do?  I'm a SAHM but this fall I will be going back to school full time.

3.  Favorite thing about being a mom? Just watching him grow, everyday is a new adventure to him.

4.  Least favorite or most trying thing? currently it's bedtime. He has never been a bad sleeper but this last few weeks has been just awful! Also poopy diapers no matter how many I change I still can hardly stomach the smell.

5.  Part of town you live in? ITL. Lindale Park.

The kid has no fear what so ever but has the biggest heart already. He is so gentle and loving. I just can't wait to see where the next year will take him. 

7.  Tell us something interesting about yourself. I won a cruise for selling the most auto insurance in the state and I was only 18 at the time.

• Options

1.  Your kids names? Ages?  Zack, 2; TBD, EDD 11/20/11

2.  Are you a SAHM or if you work what do you do?  Not a SAHM - I'm a CPA at a large firm.

3.  Favorite thing about being a mom?  Kisses from DS!

4.  Least favorite or most trying thing? The first few weeks with BFing was so tough.  Now, it's trying to get DH and I on the same page with disicipline and being afraid that we are doing something "wrong" that would screw him up in the future!  lol.

5.  Part of town you live in? PL

6.  #1 reason your kid is awesome (go ahead and brag, post a picture, whatever).  He is the cutest thing ever!  I mean how can you go wrong with those green eyes, dirty blond hair, and dimples!?  We always get compliments on his good demeanor (I am holding onto it as long as possible as we get closer to age 3!)

7.  Tell us something interesting about yourself.  Umm....I have donated over 10 inches of hair to Locks of Love twice, and plan to do it again probably within a year or so.   That's interesting, right?  :-)

• Options
    1.  Your kids names? Jude Ryan Ages? He is 21 months 2.  Are you a SAHM or if you work what do you do?  SHAM :)
    3.  Favorite thing about being a mom? being here to watch him grow everyday and not missing a single thing. 4.  Least favorite or most trying thing?  He's almost 2 so we have bad days every once and a while. He can be stubborn, like his mom.5.  Part of town you live in? Cypress, Just bought a brand new house. We moved here a year ago. I'm from California.6.  #1 reason your kid is awesome (go ahead and brag, post a picture, whatever) His smile and laugh...Talk about contagious. He is also really sweet, he can tell when someone is having a bad day and will give a total stranger a hug. My dad says he God gave him a special intuition.7.  Tell us something interesting about yourself. Born and raised in CA, from Sacramento but lived in San Diego the past 4 years going to college when i met my husband who was in the Navy at the time. I really miss home but and trying hard to make Houston my new "home" I have no friends here so it would be awesome to make some! :)

Boy Stole my Heart
    Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Photobucket Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    1.  Your kids names? Ages? - Arianna, she will be turning 6 months old on the 22nd of this month.2.  Are you a SAHM or if you work what do you do?  I'm a SAHM.
    3.  Favorite thing about being a mom? I love that bond that my daughter and I have between each other. If she's ever upset or fussy, she knows she can reach out to me and I can instantly calm her down.4.  Least favorite or most trying thing? Being a first-time mom, still trying to figure out on how to balance and juggle with my daughter around. I have to literally plan and map my week ahead to make sure my daughter doesn't have a meltdown when we are out doing errands. Before, I could quickly go in and out of the store. Now it takes 2 hours just to get ready. Haha.5.  Part of town you live in? I'm located in the NW area. Between Copperfield and Cypress.6.  #1 reason your kid is awesome (go ahead and brag, post a picture, whatever) She's just so amazing. She's very sweet, outgoing and such an attention getter (well if she's already had her nap). Her smiles are just too adorable. I mean, how can you miss that?! Haha.

7.  Tell us something interesting about yourself. I've been with DH for almost 7 years. I'm a college student but I took a break this spring semester off because I had my daughter two weeks early before my EDD and I decided to take the summer semester off because I'm still trying to balance everything out. I'm hoping to be done with community college and get my Associates of Arts in Education by next year and then transferring to UH to get my Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies so I can be a teacher. It will be a few years till then but I'm hoping to knock it out soon because I've been in school on and off since 2004.
    (Me) 30 & (DH) 32 {Together 11 years - Married 04.17.15}

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    TTC Baby #2 since 06/15 | BFP 9/4/15 | EDD 5/07/16

BabyGaga
  • Options
    imageSuzi-G-:

1.  Your kids names? Ages?  Audrey (3 years) and Ann (4 weeks)

2.  Are you a SAHM or if you work what do you do?  On Leave right now, will return FT to job with one of the big oil companies

3.  Favorite thing about being a mom?  Watching each girl figure out the world around them and how things work

4.  Least favorite or most trying thing?  sleep deprivation from a new baby

5.  Part of town you live in?  Pearland

6.  #1 reason your kid is awesome (go ahead and brag, post a picture, whatever)  My three year old is so talkative and smart.  I love how her logic works.  My 4-week old is so sweet and looks so much like her big sister.

7.  Tell us something interesting about yourself.   I grew up in Dallas but went to school at Penn State.  My husband jokes he met the only Texan at PSU and knew he would end up living in Texas eventually.

• Options
    imageSuzi-G-:

1.  Your kids names? Ages?  Ella, 18 months

2.  Are you a SAHM or if you work what do you do?  work FT, computer support

3.  Favorite thing about being a mom?  seeing that beautiful smile and hearing that precious laugh

4.  Least favorite or most trying thing? the stomach bug that she had last night

5.  Part of town you live in? Conroe almost in The Woodlands

6.  #1 reason your kid is awesome (go ahead and brag, post a picture, whatever)  She is mine.  =)

7.  Tell us something interesting about yourself.  My mind is blank right now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1.  Your kids names? Ages? Helen, 2 months2.  Are you a SAHM or if you work what do you do?  HR
    3.  Favorite thing about being a mom? baby cuddles and smiles4.  Least favorite or most trying thing? patience... with myself, DD, and DH :)5.  Part of town you live in? Pearland6.  #1 reason your kid is awesome (go ahead and brag, post a picture, whatever) I just think she's super sweet. She doesn't fuss much (knock on wood) and loves to coo and smile. Oh, and I'm pretty proud of the fact that she's gaining weight like a champ! :)7.  Tell us something interesting about yourself. don't have the brain cells to think about this one right now.... ;) 
    DD born March 2011
    DS born Dec 10, 2013
  • Options

Weston- Hes 0... He is due Monday :))

I work full time at Baker Hughes and go to school part time at lonestar college

3.  favorite thing about being a mom?  I dont know yet...

4.  Least favorite or most trying thing? Our auto insurance... ($550 a month) yuck

5.  Part of town you live in? Spring area

I dont know yet, i havent met him! lol

I bought my first house on my own at the age of 20

• Options

Don't have any children...does my English Bulldog Abby count?  LOL

I do admin work for a company in Pasadena

This is my first child....so I am not really a mom yet...

HHMMM Will have to get back to you on this one...

Live in Webster, work in Pasadena

No children, but my dog Abby is always cuddled up with me when reading or watching tv

I enjoy singing.

• Options

I'm really late to this but thought I'd start joining in on posting more.

1.  Mia 2.5 years, Audrey 9 months.

2.  I'm a SAHM

3.  Getting to spend so much time with my kids and seeing them grow up.

4.  There are no breaks/days off/vacations from this job :P

5.  Energy Cooridor

6.  Mia is awesome because she is a mini version of me (so I have been told) and thinks she knows it all, yet is so loving and cuddly.  She knows when you are sad and comes over and asks if you are okay and gives hugs.  Audrey is awesome because she  is the sweetest, most easygoing baby.  Mia was never easygoing and people will forget Audrey is in the room because of how Mia keeps the attention on herself.

7.  I moved here from Seattle but I'm originally from NY.  I'm a huge Arizona Wildcats fan (my alma mater) and love the Yankees, Giants (football) and no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to get into the Houston pro teams.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"