Houston Babies
Options

Waking/crying at the same time every night?

For the past week Evan has been waking up at the exact same time (or times) every night. He wakes up, stands up screaming/crying, and then is back asleep within 5 minutes. He started this last week and it was at 10:30ish every night. Then he added 3:30AM, and 5:30AM to the schdule.

It is the weirdest thing. The second we hear him we look at the video monitor and he is standing and full on crying, then he stops, sits down, then goes back to sleep. The first night I jumped up since he doesn't usually full on cry after going to sleep, but by the time I had gone to his room it was over and he was quiet so I didn't go in his room. I didn't want to prolong whatever it was.

I thought it was teething, but it is the same time every night. And now he is really tired in the mornings. He naps just fine 2 - 1 hour naps a day.

Any ideas what this could be?

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

Re: Waking/crying at the same time every night?

• Options
    Maybe night terrors? 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • Options

imageBritanyV:
    Maybe night terrors? 
    I hadn't thought about that. I talked to the nurse and she thinks that is what it probably is too. She is going to run it by the pedi just in case, but she said around this age is when they get a lot of calls about the same thing.

DH said that since DS is fine and goes back to sleep we should just turn the volume off of the monitor. Um, I totally disagree. I need to know if it is getting worse or if it is getting better. What if DS really needs us? What if something totally non-related happens - like he gets sick. Sometimes I could just smack DH.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• Loading the player...
  • Options

If they are night terrors, this link has some good information.  We dealt with them a few months back, but they were no 5 minute affair in our house.  We would have KILLED for 5 minutes and over. 

That said, I have noticed that most nights around 12:30 or so, C lets out a few cries - and sometimes seems to have a little trouble settling back down, so I'll send DH up to help him.  

When we were away from home over Memorial Day weekend (the kid does not sleep well away from home), we also discovered that, besides that waking (which required significantly more "intervention/help" away from home), he also evidently routinely wakes up around 3:30 or so and I guess either plays for a few minutes and/or drinks some of his water and goes right back to sleep.  Being out of his usual environment, however, he didn't know what to do with himself when he would wake up.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageSigmundsGirl:

imageBritanyV:
    Maybe night terrors? 
    I hadn't thought about that. I talked to the nurse and she thinks that is what it probably is too. She is going to run it by the pedi just in case, but she said around this age is when they get a lot of calls about the same thing.

DH said that since DS is fine and goes back to sleep we should just turn the volume off of the monitor. Um, I totally disagree. I need to know if it is getting worse or if it is getting better. What if DS really needs us? What if something totally non-related happens - like he gets sick. Sometimes I could just smack DH.

Dhs are silly sometimes!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"