High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Anyone have/had a PICC line?

I had mine removed almost 2 months ago, and just now the scar is getting red, swollen and really really itchy, several times a day.

I know it's a pretty deep incision, but is this normal? Anyone else had this?

I would call my OB, but she didn't have anything to do with the PICC line to start with, I would think at this point I'd have to call a Derm, and I don't have one to randomly call.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone have/had a PICC line?

• Options

I had a PICC line about four years ago, not pregnancy-related.

It sounds like the incision is infected. I would contact the doctor who ordered it to be inserted.

• Options
    imageLuvMyFurbaby:

I had a PICC line about four years ago, not pregnancy-related.

It sounds like the incision is infected. I would contact the doctor who ordered it to be inserted.

I was worried about that, thanks.

Off subject, I love your Pitt!! He looks like my brother's, he's such a sweetie and those eyes just get me every time!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My son had a PICC line as a neonate in the NICU but I think it must be a totally different situation than one in an adult... Sorry :(
  • Options

imagewhitney1170:
    Off subject, I love your Pitt!! He looks like my brother's, he's such a sweetie and those eyes just get me every time!

Thanks! Carl's a sweetie, too. A "big bad pittie" that's afraid of his own shadow, lol.

• Options
    I never experienced that with mine - it dies sound like an infected incision.
  • Options
    I had a PICC line 2 years ago, but never had any concerns for infection.  I think it would be unusual to get an infection this long after it has been removed; however, you should see the doctor who ordered it or your regular family doctor to have it professionally evaluated because anything is possible.  If you develop a fever, you should be seen ASAP.
  • Options

I absolutely had itchiness even months out, but not swelling or anything other than decreasing redness.

I would just go see your regular doctor, a PCP.

• Options
    It may just be scar tissue and inflammation, but it's better to be safe than sorry.  That's not something you want to mess around with.  After 2 months, that doesn't sound normal at all.  Have you been scratching or rubbing at it? They might put you on some antibiotics to see if it clears up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"