August 2011 Moms
Options

my nesting instinct is out of control.

I feel like a crazy woman.  Maybe it's because I'm creeping up on 30 weeks and feel like we haven't done a damn thing for the baby or that school is almost over for the year (I'm a teacher), but I am a bundle of emotions and nervous energy.  I just want to clean everything floor to ceiling, paint and decorate everything I see, and plan, plan, plan!  I know I'm driving DH crazy, I'm even annoying myself.  The hardest part is that we're not getting the nursery painted for another two or three weeks, so I can't do anything related to moving furniture, setting things up, organizing clothes, any of the normal "nesting" activities.  It's also so different this time because I'm not having a shower (this is our second), so there's nothing "new" for this kid and it makes me feel unprepared or something.  Anyone else in this boat?

Re: my nesting instinct is out of control.

• Options
    I def. feel like I want to clean, organize, decorate, and all that jazz but I have ZERO energy to do anything on my own and my poor husband is stuck on an awful shift at work (11pm-7am Monday & Thursday and 11pm-11am Friday-Sunday) so getting his help doesn't happen much. I know I still have a good bit of time left to do things, but I just want soo badly to have everything in order!  We just moved and got all kinds of new furniture and I want the house to just look nice in general, but I feel like the nesting is making it worse!  As far as the nursery goes, I am waiting to get her bedding in so I can FINALLY lol start setting it up too! I feel like there is soo much to do, but I just can't find the energy to do it :(   This is my first baby so I don't have the other things you are dealing with :( sorry you have to feel that way, sure doesn't seem fair!!!
  • Options
    I woke up this morning in the mood to do so much around here.  I have a long list of cleaning and organizing I want to do, but we had a playdate already scheduled and I needed to go to the grocery store.  Well, now that I'm home, I'm worn out and don't feel like doing anything!  Ugh! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Well this isn't my first, but we are basically starting over since DS is 7, almost 8!  The doctor put me on bed rest this week due to pulled legiments and there is so much that still needs to be done.  I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow and feel so unprepared this time around.  With DS I had everything ready by now!  I still need to purchase a dresser for the baby's room and finish touching up the paint in there!  Then, we need to purchase baby items and organize things.  Plus, my shower isn't until July 10th so I'm worried that everything will be done last minute!

Plus, I want to clean and organize rooms around the house.  We have lived here just under a year and I wanted to organize DS's room so I wouldn't have to worry about it when the baby came.  DH is more concerned with getting our screened in porch finished and taking care of the yard. I love him for it, but wish he would help out more in the house, or realize that doing the inside of the house is as important to me as the outside. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Im not sure if this is nesting but everytime I look in my closet I imagine how good it would feel to get rid of EVERYTHING in it and start fresh... :-)
  • Options
    oh im right there with you. We have done nothing. I have been so nervous about something going wrong I have procrastinated badly.  I am supose to paint the nursery this weekend. we will see if that happens.  My shower is 7/16 so we will be doing everything last minute. I just hope she doesn't come earlier. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Bella Caroline 4 Months
  • Options

I am nesting like a crazy person.  I'm not driving DH crazy, he's LOVING IT!!  Home cooked meal every evening, his house is spotless, he can no sooner dirty a piece of laundry than it's clean, dry and hung back up in his closet.  I'm NEVER like this -- with a toddler I usually let things look more "lived-in."  

My first nesting instinct had to do with the nursery, which the boys will share.  I couldn't handle how cluttered and stuffed to the gills with stuff that it was.  There was too much stuff and not enough organization.  That was my first project.  It was madness from there.  

Every morning I get up, I plan my "most important tasks" which are the 3 things I MUST get done for the day.  Then, I plan what's for dinner in case things need a lot of prep work.  Then, I usually put together a few "to-dos" above and beyond my most important tasks, but I keep my tasks at no more than 10 per day.

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

I totally felt like this before we painted. It was driving me CRAZY not to be able to do anything. Plus, I wanted to see the paint up before, I went out and bought the other decor items that I had planned on, just to make sure it was what I was envisioning, so I couldn't do any of that either.

To make up for it, I cleaned and planned like a crazy person. Now that I have been able to start on the nursery, I have found a little more peace. Hopefully the same happens for you!

DS#1- Born August 2011 

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"