October 2011 Moms
Options

Totally selfish AW: baby shower

Over the past few years, I swear I've planned and help to host no less than a dozen bridal and baby showers. And frankly, I'm damn good at putting on a beautiful event. I usually work with a small group of girls to help host and we go all out for the guest of honor. They're happy, we're happy, it's a total win-win.

At Easter, H's cousin (whose baby shower I hosted 2 years ago) offered to host my baby shower. My two bffs also wanted to be involved and so I gave them each other's information and I am staying out of it. I've gotten a few emails about dates and such, but basically they're taking care of everything.

And here is where I'm totally going to sound like a selfish mama to be - I'm so freaking happy that it's the 3 of them hosting my shower. H's cousin has one of the keenest senses of style I've ever seen and she is just like me - doesn't cut corners and really puts her all into things. She is an exhibit creator/director at a museum and frankly, I cannot wait to see what she does for this party. Between her and my two bffs, there is a whole lot of creativity and awesome in the group and a real lack of drama-rama.

After planning everyone's parties and events, it's so nice to feel like I'm being pampered in return. I didn't really expect it, but I sure am enjoying it nonetheless.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Totally selfish AW: baby shower

• Options

Very cool! I hope it's gorgeous!

• Options
    That's great, now you have to post pics of the event!Smile
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I totally get what you mean. I always plan these nice parties for people and no one takes the time to put thought into something for me. I have a feeling the same thing will happen this time too though.
    I heart Ben!!
    October 11, 2008
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Trusty Gal blog|Trusty Tales
  • Options
    I think you deserve to sit back and be pampered, too. Who cares if it's selfish? It's your turn. ;)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Options

imageshediva1:
    That's great, now you have to post pics of the event!Smile

Yep, now we're all going to want to see how it turns out!  

April 2010 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Romantic Pic
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagemoviesprincess:
    I totally get what you mean. I always plan these nice parties for people and no one takes the time to put thought into something for me. I have a feeling the same thing will happen this time too though.

This is me exactly! Sad I had a group of friends throughout college that all got married before I did and I went all out, even when I moved, I flew in to attend all events and helped co-host a shower, but when I (finally) got married I didn't even hear but from one of them. It makes me sad...now since living here I have done the same thing, going above and beyond, and I'm not sure if things will ever come together for a shower, my sister, bff, and another good friend are talking amongst themselves about it lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"