Food Allergy
Options

Refusing Alimentum...

My LOs will not take the alimentum formula :-(  They are currently BF, but I am no longer producing enough to keep up with their demand.  I have a huge freezer stash, so I am okay for now, but I am worried about finding something they will eat for when that is out.  I tried just a few ounces of alimentum twice and it was a huge fail.  Did this happen with any of your LOs?  If so, what did you try next?

PS - we are pretty sure they have a milk allergy.

Re: Refusing Alimentum...

• Options
    my daughter refused it at first, only taking in about an ounce every feeding. she would make a horrible face and spit it out. it took a few days but she got used to it. We are using nutramigen now and she takes it fine too now, but now she's spitting up ALL the time, even with zantac. :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have the same issue. I can not get DS to drink the powdered Alimentum mixed with BM but he will drink the ready to feed without any problems. My next plan is to mix a bottle made from the powder with the ready to feed. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    vlahopvlahop member

imageAtlmom82:
    We have the same issue. I can not get DS to drink the powdered Alimentum mixed with BM but he will drink the ready to feed without any problems. My next plan is to mix a bottle made from the powder with the ready to feed. Good luck!

That is interesting... I could try that.  That will be so expensive too Sad

• Options

my doctor told me that my child will not starve himself. He might not like it at first but when they have no other choice, they will drink it.

I supplemented with a bottle of Alimentum at the midnight feeding b/c he was so tired, i don't think he cared what he was having as long as it was in a bottle.  and when my stash started becoming even lower, i started mixing it (3 oz of BM with 1 oz of formula) and then increasing it every week.

• Options
    My son refused the powder version of Alimentum but took the RTF no problem, yes it's very costly but i'd rather have a happy healthy baby than not. We ended up spending close to 260/month in formula. Totally worth it though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't have a baby on Alimentum but my best friend does. He was refusing bottles of it and she was very concerned. Her ped said 2 drops of alcohol-free vanilla extract to the bottle would do the trick, and it did. I think she got it from Whole Foods? Eventually she went down to 1 drop and then 0 and now he takes it just fine!
    Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"