Houston Babies
Options

How many bathing suits do you have for LO?

The girls each have 2 suits and I want to get more but DH says that is enough. I may also just be a sucker for swimsuits.
Crazy Christmas Kids!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How many bathing suits do you have for LO?

• Options
    I use to buy several inexpensive ones but then Sarah would have a preference and insist on wearing just one swimsuit over and over.  So now I let her look online and pick her suit out.  Elizabeth will still wear whichever suit I put her in thank goodness.  I'm a sucker for swimsuits also!

• Options
    PAGASPAGAS member

The last Gymboree sale did me in.

Finley Anne ~ 11.9.2008
    So Tasty, So Yummy
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I buy them at the end of the summer for the next year.  C has 4 bottoms and 5 tops.  We're in the pools a lot.
  • Options
    Four suits, two swim shirts she wears with a swim diaper for swim class, and two of those shirt and bathing suit bottom sets for when we go to the splash pad. Most were gifts but we have been and plan on living at the pool/splash pad this summer. We have a small pool in the backyard too for Mondays when the pool is closed.
  • Options

imagealmond1123:
    I buy them at the end of the summer for the next year.  C has 4 bottoms and 5 tops.  We're in the pools a lot.

I can't do that with my strange sized kiddos! Reagan wore a 3 last year and has a 5 this year because she is so tall. One of them is questionable on how low it pulls in the front. I bought Abby a 18-24month and the straps are falling off!

Crazy Christmas Kids!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mom2llmom2ll member
    Lila has 4 and Luca has 6...  He can still wear the same ones as last year :(  so I just added a couple to the rotation...  He actually has 2 of the same one...
  • Options
    They each have two. But will likely have more before too long.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    O has just one.  He grew 3 sizes in the past year so I've been afraid to buy him too many clothes lest this growth spurt continue.  C has 2 swim skirts I bought on end of summer clearance last year and 2 rash guard shirts.  
  • Options

He has 1 that fits well (shorts and rash guard) that he regularly wears.  He has 1 pair of shorts that I think fit, but for some reason the person that gave it to us got us 2T bottoms and 3T top, so we can't match them up.  I need to go get a rash guard to match, as I don't like him just in the sun with shorts, so we haven't really used those bottoms, yet.  I had another suit in a 2T from GB that I got last year, and it is HUGE!  I am guessing that one will fit next year.  Bummer b/c I already bought him a 3T one from the GB sale for next year.  I am wondering if that one will fit.  :-/

• Options
    We have 4 but we also have a pool.  They get used a lot.
  • Options
    Tru has 4; Mathis has 6. Granted, 2 of M's are hand me downs but they need one for splash day at school, plus we play in the water both days most summer weekends. They're boys- they get dirty. Whatever they where ever needs to be washed before it can be worn again. I find that even with 4, I sometimes scramble to wash one for Tru more often than not.
  • Options

two

mainly for vacationing so that she doesn't have to put on a wet/cold one.

we also go to the pool a lot during the summer so it helps.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Each kiddo has one. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm a sucker for swimsuits too. DD has way too many, but some are hand-me-downs from my niece. I think I have two here at home. Most are at my parents' house because they have a pool.

imageKimmer123:

I don't have anything for DS. Where do you find little ones? The smallest I've seen are 6M and they're huge!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageWeezers:

I'm a sucker for swimsuits too. DD has way too many, but some are hand-me-downs from my niece. I think I have two here at home. Most are at my parents' house because they have a pool.

imageKimmer123:

I don't have anything for DS. Where do you find little ones? The smallest I've seen are 6M and they're huge!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageWeezers:

imageKimmer123:

• Options
    imageWeezers:

imageKimmer123:

Stupid nest ate my post.  We found 0-3 and 3-6 mo at Babies 'R Us last year.

• Options
    We do a lot of swimming, so they have 3 each.  Actually right now they only have 2 each because they both outgrew the others.
  • Options
    DD has 2 and it's plenty for now. We don't have a neighborhood pool we can use Sad, and it's way too expensive to join a private pool up here, so we just make do with playing in the hose and baby pool in the backyard.
  • Options
    The baby has two, Amelia has 4
  • Options
    G-loveG-love member

Belle has 2, but we need a few more.  she wears them tough, the coping on the side of the pool rips up the bottoms something fierce, so I know we'll go through a few pairs of bottoms (I only buy her 2 pieces, easier to go to the potty) this summer.  and we have been known to wear 2 suits a day at times.   once in the sprinkler, then later to go to the pool, or vice versa.

She's a water bug.

big sister, little brother
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersbr> Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    RaeAntRaeAnt member
    2 regular shorts style with shirts and then he also has 2 of the other kind for swim class (the facility dictates the brand they have to wear when still in diapers.)
  • Options

She has 5! I bought one, my mom bought one, and my MIL bought 3!

I love swim suits, they're so cute. We have to make sure we use them.

imageimage

• Options
    DD has 1.  We don't swim much, but I do want to do it more often.
  • Options
    Rena has 4- two nice ones from Gymbo and two cheap ones from Target.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagetweatie2:
    DD has 1.  We don't swim much, but I do want to do it more often.

This. I know he will have splash day at daycare and we plan to try to go to the pool maybe once a weekend. Other than that he will occassionally plan in the sprinklers in the evening.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• Options

She has three. I've tried to control myself.

Side note: She has two for next summer and one 3T.  (Yes, I control myself by purchasing the size for next summer and cross my fingers that they work!)

• Options

Too many.  Probably 8 or 9.  I bought a couple at Target last year at the end of the season, I bought some at Gymbo last year on clearance, and of course when I saw the new cute ones this year I had to buy more.  Plus she got one for Easter from her Nana.

I have a baby clothes shopping problem.  I need to seek help. 

• Options

1 top, 2 bottoms.

I want 1 more top to match the other bottom but I haven't found it.

• Options
    9 at the moment...but that's because a couple from last year still fit. 2 of the 9 stay at my mom's house because the go to swim a lot when my daughter's visiting.We swim at least 3-4 times a week in the summer so I like having a good selection. Plus, I can't seem to stay away from the Garnet Hill catalog!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"