July 2011 Moms
Options

Poll: (NBR) What are you reading?

Entering week 6 of bedrest and would love to hear your recommendations and see what everyone is reading for some suggestions to load up my Nook!

I just finished Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah and LOVED it. It's a book about two women who became unlikely friends as teenagers and their friendship over the course of their lives. It's a really easy book to read, no thought whatsoever and doesn't take long despite being close to 500 pages.

So what are you all reading???

Re: Poll: (NBR) What are you reading?

• Options
    gmc222gmc222 member
    I just finished The Help (excellent!) and am now starting Water For Elephants so I can see the movie.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

After 3 failed Clomid+TI cycles, DD was conceived with IUI#1

TTC #2

Clomid 50 mg + IUI#1  = BFP, m/c and D&C at 7w1d

Clomid 50mg + IUI#2 = BFN

Clomid 100mg + IUI#3 = BFN

Lupron + Follistim + IVF#1 = 11ER, 10M, 10F, ET of 1 expanded BBA 5-day blast, 2 Frosties. BFP! Beta 10/13 = 264! Beta 10/15 = 702! EDD 6/21/14

• Options

I'm getting ready to start (sorry for the HUGE copy/paste). It's got incredible reviews, so I'm excited to dive in and get started.

Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/711901.Lone_Survivor

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I just finished The Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant. I've probably read it 5 or 6 times now -- I love it!

I don't know what I'm going to read next. Maybe Atonement by Ian McEwan.

J+C est. 6.22.08
    Adele Lorraine b. 7.13.11

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I just finished The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss. It is the second book in his fantasy trilogy. I am about to start The Glass of Time by Michael Cox, which is a period mystery. 
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I just finished The Art of Racing in the Rain (LOVE LOVE LOVE) and am currently reading Cutting For Stone
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DD #1 born 9/07 ** DD #2 born 7/11 ** Operation Take Back My Body has begun 10/11
    Upcoming Races
    Gobble Wobble 5K 11/24/11 - Abington, PA 29:40
    Superbowl 10K 02/05/12 - Allentown, PA 54:28 PR!!!!
    Broad Street 10 Mile Run 05/06/12 - Philadelphia, PA 1:30:44
    Rock and Roll Half Marathon 09/16/12 - Philadelphia, PA
    Philadelphia (Half?!?) Marathon 11/18/12 - Philadelphia, PA
  • Options

I really enjoyed the Hunger Games series, and someone recommended a new book that is going to be part of a series that is similar.  It's not as good, but it's pretty good--it's called Divergent by Veronica Roth.  If you like dystopian type books, you'll enjoy it.

I have Water for Elephants started, but haven't finished it yet.

• Options

imageGummybear:
    I just finished The Art of Racing in the Rain (LOVE LOVE LOVE) and am currently reading Cutting For Stone

I was chin quivering hysterical when I read this book and hugging Doodle so hard, I'm sure I was cutting off his oxygen supply. 

Such a good read. 

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Lately I'm all about the easy reads.  Right now I'm in the middle of "Angles" by Mirian Keyes. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Right now i'm reading The Hangman's Daughter. I finished all three Hunger Games books last week. I could not put them down! My last day of work was the 24th and i've pretty much been sitting around reading my kindle waiting for her to get here.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just finished "Room" and am about to start "Bossypants"

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• Options

The books I have gotten into lately are totally random (as I am Wiccan AND this type of book used to never interest me) BUT

I just got done reading all of Beverly Lewis' books and have moved on to  Wanda Brunstetter. They are under "Christian Fiction" and are about the Amish.

I don't know WHY I developed this taste in books. But i absolutely can NOT put them down. 

I also love Jodi Picoult (which is my usual type of book). "Handle With Care" is an excellent one by her (but ALL her books are great). 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Right now I'm reading Oliver Twist, as well as Little Bee by Christ Cleave.

I recently finished Missing Mom by Joyce Carol Oates (didn't love it) and Bossypants by Tina Fey (so funny!!).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageHappyKlamb10:

Right now I'm reading Oliver Twist, as well as Little Bee by Christ Cleave.

I recently finished Missing Mom by Joyce Carol Oates (didn't love it) and Bossypants by Tina Fey (so funny!!).

I LOVED this book. 

DD #1 born 9/07 ** DD #2 born 7/11 ** Operation Take Back My Body has begun 10/11
    Upcoming Races
    Gobble Wobble 5K 11/24/11 - Abington, PA 29:40
    Superbowl 10K 02/05/12 - Allentown, PA 54:28 PR!!!!
    Broad Street 10 Mile Run 05/06/12 - Philadelphia, PA 1:30:44
    Rock and Roll Half Marathon 09/16/12 - Philadelphia, PA
    Philadelphia (Half?!?) Marathon 11/18/12 - Philadelphia, PA
  • Options
    I've been on a Gregory Maguire kick lately. I finished Confessions of An Ugly Stepsister a few days ago and now I'm reading What-The-Dickens.
    Mr + Mrs: 09/06/2009 
    Daddy + Mommy: #1: 07/02/2011 EDD#2: 05/22/2015
    baby development
  • Options
    imagemiller4285:

I just got done reading all of Beverly Lewis' books and have moved on to  Wanda Brunstetter. They are under "Christian Fiction" and are about the Amish.

She was my mom's piano teacher about 20 years ago!  I took lessons from her husband.  I remember when she was telling me about the books she was writing... it is cool to see her doing so well.

I haven't read any great books lately. 

PhotobucketLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The Greater Journey, by David McCullough.  It's about the Americans (many notable names) who went to Paris between 1830 and 1900 for intellectual reasons.  This era of history is fascinating because everything changes so quickly, and you can watch America go from being a culturally inferior nation to one that sets the cultural tone all over the world.  It might sound daunting, but McCullough writes so well that you feel like you are reading a novel, not a history book.  His books are my favorites.  :)
  • Options
    MPSWMPSW member

I'm reading The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest ... finally closing out the series. Definitely want to get going with Hunger Games.

I also have Little Bee but haven't been able to get into it quickly. I read Sarah's Key and The Cookbook Collector while I was on my babymoon in April. 

• Options
    imageMrsMcB926:

I really enjoyed the Hunger Games series, and someone recommended a new book that is going to be part of a series that is similar.  It's not as good, but it's pretty good--it's called Divergent by Veronica Roth.  If you like dystopian type books, you'll enjoy it.

I have Water for Elephants started, but haven't finished it yet.

I'm in the 3rd book of the Hunger Games series, they are pretty good. Something different. :)

BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"