Houston Babies
Options

Did you buy the conversion kit for your crib?

We caught DS trying to climb out Saturday.  He didn't put a lot of effort into it, but he could easily climb out if he wanted to.

We didn't get the conversion kit.  I figured that we could just take the front off and add one of these.

Has anyone done that?  What about making it into a full/queen bed?  We opted to not get that conversion kit either.

Re: Did you buy the conversion kit for your crib?

• Options
    Yes, we bought the side rail conversion when we bought the crib (converted Amelia at 17 months to the toddler bed) and bought the rails for the full conversion when we bought Amelia's big girl furniture, just to have them on hand when we need them since a mattress is readily available but the rails would take 4-6 weeks to come in.  DH caught Juliet (not quite 11 months) climbing out of her crib on Saturday.  He lowered it the last bit, but we know we'll be converting to the toddler bed sooner than later with her crazy climbing antics. 
  • Options

Yeah, we're going to have to convert it soon.  I do NOT want to!  I'm not ready for him to have the freedom because in the morning if he wakes up before I'm dressed I just leave him in there.  If he's up my a$$ I'll be late to work every day.

He could easily climb out - he's tall enough.  But no way could he control getting down - he'd just flip right out.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We bought the all in one crib so it came with the toddler conversion kit.   Luckily he never tried to climb out so we finally converted a couple of months ago!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • Options
    Nope. We went straight to a twin bed (just before she turned 3) and DD#2 will use the crib.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yes, we did - but I am wondering if we will use it.  We haven't converted it to a toddler, yet, since he hasn't tried to climb out of the crib, and I am wondering by the time that we do, if we should just convert to the full bed and skip the toddler all together.  The toddler set up you have will probably work just fine.

ETA:  We bought the full bed conversion b/c we bought the furniture as a set (bed, dresser, chest of drawers, and bookcase).  We knew he would have the whole set for a long time (read: taking to college!  lol), so we knew we wanted to keep the headboard/footboard to match the set.

• Options

We didn't have to buy anything extra to convert to a toddler bed. I think that thing you posted would work just fine. We did go ahead and buy the conversion kit to convert to a full in case they didn't have it later when we needed it.

We ended up buying a toddler bed for Reagan since we needed the crib. I think we're going to pack it away and actually convert the crib for Abby for now since ti will match her furniture. It's white but if you want to use it you can! 

Crazy Christmas Kids!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We bought both conversions sets as well, because we bought the dresser, hutch, and nightstand to match and wanted to use the furniture for a long time.  

When we converted ours to a toddler bed, I think our front piece was all one piece, so I don't think that setup would have worked for us anyway, because we would not have had that bottom rail when we took the front off.  You may have to check your crib to make sure it will work.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageluckygirl07:

When we converted ours to a toddler bed, I think our front piece was all one piece, so I don't think that setup would have worked for us anyway, because we would not have had that bottom rail when we took the front off.  You may have to check your crib to make sure it will work.

Yeah, we haven't converted yet, but from when we've had to take the front off to lower the mattress, I'm pretty sure ours is all one piece and doesn't have the bottom rail that the picture you linked to shows.  May depend on what brand of crib you have.  Ours is a Munire.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mom2llmom2ll member
    we bought the toddler conversion kit.  The front of the bed would look funny with something else.  There are hold specifically for it...  My kids also hang on it and jump...  We really need something bolted to the bed.  We've got 2 kids worth of use out of it.  It was worth the $60.  USA Baby actually had it in stock.
  • Options
    We bought the conversion kit for the full size bed, but not the toddler bed.  We are planning to use something like you posted.  Right now she is still on the middle setting for the mattress height and doesn't try to climb out. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"