Multiples
Options

What TV shows keep your toddler's attention?

My boys haven't watched much TV in the past because I'm not a big fan of it. But they have to do twice daily breathing treatments that last anywhere from 10-20 minutes depending on what I have to give them. It is impossible to keep them still and on my lap that whole time. So I have been trying to distract them with the TV. Veggi Tales and Toy Story keep their attention for about 3 minutes. This morning I tried Yo Gabba Gabba and much to my disappointment they were entranced. While I am happy to have something keep their attention I am petrified that I will have to start and end my day with Yo Gabba Gabba for  the next 3 years of my life. 

So, please give me any other recs on shows that keep your toddler's attention.

Thanks 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What TV shows keep your toddler's attention?

• Options

Sorry, all I got is YGG.

You should try the Baby Signing Time DVD.  Mine are glued to that every time.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Mine love Play With Me Sesame.  We get it on the Sprout channel, and On Demand. 
    bfp 5/17/09 - missed m/c 6/17/09 @ 9w - stopped growing 6w 1d, D&C 6/19/09
    BFP #2 10/13/2009 on our 2nd Wedding Anniversary
    Discovered TWINS during the 6w u/s - what a shocker!
    Delivered on 5/19/2010 at 34 weeks due to pre-e and HELLP syndrome
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    The Bump MoM Recipe Collection
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekimarino13:

Sorry, all I got is YGG.

You should try the Baby Signing Time DVD.  Mine are glued to that every time.

I actually was thinking of your posts saying your girls love YGG when I tried it this am. The show is crazy! I was amazed at how it kept their attention though. Thanks for that rec too. Will try Baby Signing Time.  

• Options
    Mine love In the Night Garden. A lot.
  • Options
    I'm embarrassed to say...Caillou. He and his sister are very whiney. DD loves it! Ugh.
  • Options
    YGG for us too, but also any of the Pixar movies.
  • Options
    YGG here too & also Elmo- we have a video called The Great Outdoors & they love it. 
  • Options

Darn, I was going to suggest Yo Gabba Gabba too. It is honestly the ONLY show that will really keep them totally entranced. I would try some Elmo dvds too. My boys will watch Sesame Street while they are playing, but when Elmo's world comes on, they are much more tuned in.

What the heck is it about YGG that is like crack for toddlers? I don't get it!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

my boys LOVE Fresh Beat Band, YGG, The Upside Down show, Team Umi Zumi, and lately the twins are really into Elmo (they weren't when they were younger).

they all like Baby Einstein videos, too, which I like a lot b/c they are quiet :)

I used to be Goldie_locks_5 but the new nest is so screwed up that I was forced to start over.
    imageimage
  • Options

My girls are IN LOVE with Dora. Or as one of my girls calls her "Dowa!!!"

The also love Bubble Guppies. Can you tell we are a Nick Jr family! lol

• Options
    We started with music stuff like baby Einstein when they were around a year.  Now they like Dora, Team Umizoomi, Wonder Pets, and Little Einsteins.  Oh and Calliou.  They will sit for a whole episode of any of those.

• Options
    My girls like YGG but I can't take it anymore. They also like Sesame Street, bubble guppies, and love. love, love Toy Story!!!!!!
  • Options
    janjagjanjag member

Broke down and used tv while pg and don't see stopping any time soon. 

Ditto Baby Signing DVDs.  They really are educational, esp if you watch with them and reinforce the signs.  I sing songs from those Dvds all the time.

Sesame Street... mostly I let them watch the Elmo segment.

Curious George

Cat in the Hat

Wonder Pets on Nick Jr.

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    All 4 of our kids love Sesame Street.  They also enjoy pretty much any of the "baby boost" shows OnDemand on Comcast.
    ~Crystal~ SAHM to Sam (5), Hugh (3), Mary & Grace (22 months) : )
  • Options
    My 14 month old boys LOVE the PBS lineup.  Sesame Street, Cat in the Hat and Curious George are good.  But their favorite is Super Why.  I think it's b/c of the bright colors and the songs. 
  • Options
    At that age Baby Signing Times, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and Elmo were big hits for us.
  • Options
    Sid the Science Kid works the best for my boys. Sesame street is pretty good. They also really like Cat in the Hat. When I want something new we go to the Sprout Channel or PBS kids - usually something works. Sid is the best though (and I don't find it too annoying!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"