South Florida Babies

in-home nanny

For anyone who has or has had a nanny to come to your home and take care of your child, what did you pay her? Does anyone know more or less what in-home nannies usually charge? TIA.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: in-home nanny

• I know two people who have nannies. They both pay them $350/week. The nannies cook, clean and take care of the kids. Let me know and if you can't I can get more info (hey do it through an agency).
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We pay ours $8/hr which I think is dirt cheap.  Granted, she wasn't a nanny before, but was in need of a job.  For that, she cleans keeps my house in order, does laundry, and when MIL needs help with boys, she's right there to help (basically feeding time and sleeping time).

From what I hear from other family members and friends, I believe the average is $10-12/hr with $15 being the top of the range. 

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • When we were looking, we found someone for $11/ hour
    Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • There's a calculator on care.com where you can enter zip code and # of kids that seems to correlate pretty well with what I've heard from other moms - at least for the average to high side of the scale.

https://www.care.com/child-care-babysitter-pay-calculator-p1140.html

• The lady who takes care of my grandmother gets $350/ week.  HTH.

• damn, that's expensive.  One month of an in-home nanny is how much one of my paychecks is!!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"