2nd Trimester
Options

Baby Shower Board... BECAREFUL

2»

Re: Baby Shower Board... BECAREFUL

• Options

I have to be honest - they really weren't that bad.  Throwing your own shower is a big no-no and while apparently that's not what you meant, that's basically exactly what you said in your OP.

Most times I see people complain about others attacking them, it has more to do with over-sensitivity than the other posters being b*tches.

AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options
    I didn't see anyone being rude, just matter of fact.  Why is it that the minute a responder says something the OP doesn't want to hear or isn't "yes, that sounds like a fabulous idea" they get accused of being rude or mean? 
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't see how anyone was mean to you.  You can't throw your own shower... do people really not know this?  Just because someone points out that it's poor etiquette doesn't make them a meanie.

I certainly understand you being involved in the planning to some extent, but I hope your involvement will not be obvious to your shower guests.  A shower is a gift-grab, by definition.  It's the only social event where a gift is required by etiquette.  That is why you don't throw it for yourself- it's rude to ask other people to buy you gifts!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"