Postpartum Depression

Anyone stop taking Lexapro?

After being on Lexapro for just over a year, my doctor and I decided to try discontinuing it. I was on 10 MG and tapered it down to 5 MG for 10 days, and then about 10 days ago I stopped taking it completely. So far, so good....the depression has NOT come back (yay!), and overall I haven't had any terrible side effects, however, for the past three days, I have been having some dizzy spells, which I gather is a normal discontinuation side effect. Anyone have this happen? How long does it last?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Throwing leaves <3

Re: Anyone stop taking Lexapro?

• I took it for just shy of a year. I tapered off a lot more slowly than you did, over about a month and a half. I also went down to 2.5 before weaning completely. I find I'm usually more sensetive to meds than other people. I found I was good for a few days. I got a little cocky about it- LOL. Then I started having dizzy spells, nasuea and a few other side effects.I got a little worried but the doctor said it was all very normal. It was bad for a week or two I'd say. By one month out, I think I really started to feel like me again. Good luck, you should be feeling better very soon! :)
    PCOS dx 2008 | BFP #1 2/26/2009 with Metformin
    Owen Matthew 11/1/2009 4lbs 10oz 16.5in
    Born 5 weeks early by C/S | Severe Pre-Eclampsia
    BFP #2 5/1/2011 | M/C @ 7 weeks | D&C 5/25/2011
    TTC #2 | HSG Clear | SA 2% Morph otherwise great
    3 failed Femara/TI cycles moving on to IUI
  • LOL that's how I was after a few days too! I felt GREAT...I was all like, pshh, what side effects? And then on Sunday the dizziness landed. Oh, I'm so glad to hear it goes away within a couple of weeks. It's manageable, just annoying! Thanks for the feedback!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • Loading the player...
  • I was on 60 mg of Cipralex (Canadian version of Lexapro)...came off with no side effects. Mind you, I was put on another AD because Cipralex didn't do it for me, so not sure if that masked any would-be side effects.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"