School-Aged Children
Options

So proud of my son!

My son, Connor, and I have had the worst year by far. His lack of motivation, him mad at me for making him stick to his studies, no playing till homework is done but he has seen what great grades he can make from all the studying. He wanted to give up so many times and believe the crap he heard from classmates...that he wasn't smart enough, couldn't read as well, math was very difficult for him. His autism, adhd with the inability to focus at times and the dyslexia really took a toll on him but he stayed the course.

We were absolutely blessed with the team of teachers Connor had. Angels, every one of them. They were wonderful to us. Very understanding, gave Connor all the time he needed for tests and studying when I had Isla 6 weeks early, sent prayer requests and wanted to know how we were both doing in the hospital, anytime Connor was sick his teachers emailed me to ask "How is our boy doing?" I think we really got the wonderful results with his grades because of the way his teachers and I worked together. We had constant open lines of communication so we were always on the same page.

I can't believe he's going to be 10 this month and in 4th grade next year. I only hope Connor is blessed with teachers who truly love what they do next year as we had this year.

imageimage" mce_src="image">

Re: So proud of my son!

• Options

Way to go, Connor!

There is so much to be said for awesome teachers. Hats off to you too - his most important teacher. He wouldn't have had such a successful year without your support and encouragement! 

Robby's Blog

Momma Bear
    Big - 1 year old
    Bigger - 6 years old
    Biggest - 13 years old

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemama.bear:

Way to go, Connor!

There is so much to be said for awesome teachers. Hats off to you too - his most important teacher. He wouldn't have had such a successful year without your support and encouragement! 

If you count encouragement ranging from YES CONNOR GOOD JOB to GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND START STUDYING then yes, I gave loads of encouragement. So many weeks of frustration when he just would not focus. He's not the only one who doesn't want to do it but I have to teach at home so they can review in class. Gone are the days when the teaching falls solely on the teacher. Not anymore.

I am ready for 4th grade. I want to see what great things he can overcome then.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemama.bear:

Way to go, Connor!

If you count encouragement ranging from YES CONNOR GOOD JOB to GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND START STUDYING then yes, I gave loads of encouragement. So many weeks of frustration when he just would not focus. He's not the only one who doesn't want to do it but I have to teach at home so they can review in class. Gone are the days when the teaching falls solely on the teacher. Not anymore.

• Options
    imagelilbit923:
    imagemama.bear:

Way to go, Connor!

encouragement, prodding, bribery, threats :) whatever it takes  

Robby's Blog

Momma Bear
    Big - 1 year old
    Bigger - 6 years old
    Biggest - 13 years old

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"