Orange County Babies
Options

St Jude's Hopsital -need OB/GYN recs please!!

Hubby and I are TTC starting this month! We definitely want to deliver at St Judes but are having a hard time finding a good doc. We are hearing terrible things about these large groups around the Fullerton area. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

I've seen Dr. Robyn Lawton's name thrown around and wanted to know if anyone had any experience with her.

Any help would be more than appreciated! Thank you!

xoxo,

nancy

xoxo, nancy

Re: St Jude's Hopsital -need OB/GYN recs please!!

• Options
    I went to Dr. Dieterich and he was wonderful. Like I can't express enough how great he was wonderful! I had initially tried to get into Lawton but she wasn't accepting new patients. Dieterich is a one man shop and even came in to deliver me himself at 2am. Good luck!
  • Options

Dr. Brian Gray is really great. He's at the medical center for women right by St. Jude. Also, St. Jude is a wonderful hospital. I've been going there for years and have always had great experiences. Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you both for your recommendations! Dr. Dieterich and Dr. Gray have been highly recommended in seems! I will check both of them out. 

My only concern with Dr. Gray (who delivered both of my cousins babies and they were perfect!) is the large group that he's associated with.  I went with my cousin once to an appointment and it was a zoo in there. I have to weigh the costs and benefits of having a great doctor in a not ideal medical group. Maybe we should convince him to open his own practice :)

Thanks again ladies!!

xoxo, nancy
  • Options

I went to Dr. Gray's practice, but I had a different doctor.  I ended up on bedrest in the hospital for a month due to preeclampsia so I became very familiar with all the doctors at Medical Center for Women.  I DID NOT like Dr. Gray.  By far my least favorite.  Very flippant, very insensitive and I do not feel he made good choices for me. 

However, I LOVED Dr. Henderson and Dr. Buchanan from his practice.

Also, my friend went to Dr. Robin Lawton and loved her. 

St. Jude is the BEST place to have a baby.  I couldn't be happier with the care I received.  

• Options
    I'll be seeing Dr. Henderson, and he comes highly recommended from a few friends, as well as our fertility doctor. I've gone to Dr. Franks in that practice for years, but unfortunately she's not delivering babies anymore. She also recommended Henderson, and said Cortez and Lin are similar to her as well. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"