April 2011 Moms
Options

BTDTs - how's it going?

Hi ladies!  I seem to remember that while we were all pregnant there was a BTDT check in.  I'm just wondering how all the 2+ mommas are doing these days.

How's life with 2 (or 3, or more!)?  Are you finding things to be easier than you expected?  Harder?  Any tips or tricks for juggling multiple kiddos that you'd like to share?  

I'm actually surprised at how well we're all doing.   I think Drew is young enough that he's not truly jealous or resentful of E.  He gets mad at me sometimes for not picking him up or playing with him right when he wants, but that's okay, I'm a big girl and I can handle it.  

I'm a lot more relaxed and "go with the flow" than I was the first time around.  I was pretty worried about BFing and getting Drew to nap in his crib, etc, etc the first time.  Now I figure, hey, who cares if she takes nap in the car seat b/c that's the only way I can get her down during the day?  Life is short and I want to enjoy my kiddos - not worry all day!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: BTDTs - how's it going?

• Options

Everything is going well. I'm on maternity leave until September. I'm so happy to be home with my baby & toddler. DS is only 17 months old. He does seek attention more than he use to before DD was born, but he was VERY independent so I don't mind him wanting to be held sometimes.

Right now DH, DS, DD, and I all have a cold. I can't wait for this to pass! I'll say it's extremely hard to keep a baby away from a toddler's germs when you need to care for them both.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    GHBEAGHBEA member

If you remember Olivia is my 3rd and my older girls and SS are teenagers.

I find life to be about the same how ever the older kids take care of themselves so I don't have two or more  to take care of.

Life is different to a point being a mom again after so many years.  Yet its all the same too.

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We've definitely gotten our routines down for now and I'm really comfortable getting out and about with both of them. I've definitely learned to go with the flow much more and basically how to just adapt and make things work. For example the other day after piling both boys into the car and driving to the food store I realized that DH had removed the carrier from the back. I ended up carrying the baby while pushing DS in the cart. Not at all easy but we were closing in on naptime so there wasn't much choice.

We do however have our really rough days, today was one of them. DS1 seems to think naps are lame and is basically refusing to take them. I'd like to say I don't care if  he naps as long as he rests in his room because honestly I need a break most of the time. He however still needs his naps because without them it's awful from 12-7pm.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LoCarbLoCarb member
    It's definitely easier this time around as an experienced mom.  DD1 is a huge help too. She loves holding the bottle, handing me diapers and rubbing the baby's back.  The only negative is juggling a LO going through the terrible twos.  Sometimes I think she cries more than the baby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"