Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

A little sad....

DD didn't nurse this AM, I've been weaning her for about 6 weeks usually she wakes up and says Milk, Milk, milk etc until we nurse.
Last night I was talking with DH about how I didn't know how I would wean her off of the AM nursing session, I had hoped she would do it, he just said to stop cold turkey.

This morning she woke up and said Water, while I'm a little happy I'm also a little sad that our nursing journey is over EmbarassedSadSad

And tomorrow if she asks for milk I think I'm going to tell her Milk, All Gone (which is what we've done for all other nursing sessions when they ended) and give her water and her smoothie. But that makes me sad to think about.

It's good because we'll be TTC in a month or two and I wanted to be done before that happened.

Bittersweet.
~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                 You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

Re: A little sad....

• Options
    Aw I know the feeling! It is so bittersweet but that is great your are TTC soon, GL with that! I thought I was ready to wean DD and then one day she stopped her nursing sessions before naps and then she didn't nurse in the morning or before bed and I was devastated. I realized I wasn't quite ready yet and thankfully the next morning she went back to morning and before bed, maybe 10 for the whole day. Kuddos to you though for being able to nurse this long!
  • Options
    I was so sad too!  DD self-weaned the last feeding a month after we found out I was PG.  So part of me is happy it happened and it was her decision but I will miss our times together.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"