Parenting
Options

oO0--HEY EK:

oooh- I know you nosy bats are gonna be all up on this post!!

EK:

PM.

nosy parkers:

I feel badly that ek took on the whole board in defense of someone we were having a feeding frenzy on- because she felt badly for her- which is so ballsy! Anyway, I think we all got out of hand, and I feel crappy that EK probably feels like shiit for trying to take up for the underdog.

( I still think KB is fulla BS, but I feel crappy for EK...so...what does that mean- I have feelings but only certain ones? and in certain directions?)

maybe Im not a total snatchface afterall! just partially!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: oO0--HEY EK:

• Options

19 views already!! I KNEW it.

and NObody had anything to add?

hmph.

• Options

Excuse my nosey snatchery. . .  I think you are awesome for saying this. I think EK is such a nice person. and was doing what she thought was right. I hope we all have friends that fight for us like that IRL. 

Group hug?  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm glad you posted this. :)
  • Options

imageamiamish:
    I'm glad you posted this. :)

ditto.

imageimage Ashley Sawtelle Photography
  • Options

she IS totally nice- and you know- I think she would have "gone there" for any of us, because she doesn't want to see anyone in pain- real or imagined or right or wrong.

I just don't want her to be uncomfortable here because she did a kind thing, and we were all in the mood for blood.

she's good people.

Im outspoken and biitchy a lot, but I am also fair- I think- and it wouldn't be fair to let her take the fall out for just trying to fight that battle on behalf of someone she felt sympathy for.

cheers, EK. Beer

• Options

hmm, I'll be the b*tch.  It's b/c I have no soul.

I think EK inserted herself into this situation, just like the rest of us did, and when you do that, you open yourself up to criticism.  You saying you didn't buy it, Mayor asking about the safeword, me asking about the safeword, etc...all of that opens us up to flames and disagreement.  Usually, when it's something like this, that's even more flammable vs. "do you let your kids play video games?" BS.

I also don't think EK is all that nice, and I'll just leave it at that.

ETA: I also don't think she's that great of a friend, either.  Let's just say that if one of my nestie besties was struggling the last person I would contact would be someone that is not friends w/ them outside of the nest.  For example, say I'm having issues and I post on the nest, and one of my nestie besties (goose maybe) knows.  If Goose knew more about the sitch and contacted someone way outside of my "circle," I'd think she was the shittiest friend ever.
  • Options
    imageeclaires:

hmm, I'll be the b*tch.  It's b/c I have no soul.

I think EK inserted herself into this situation, just like the rest of us did, and when you do that, you open yourself up to criticism.  You saying you didn't buy it, Mayor asking about the safeword, me asking about the safeword, etc...all of that opens us up to flames and disagreement.  Usually, when it's something like this, that's even more flammable vs. "do you let your kids play video games?" BS.

I also don't think EK is all that nice, and I'll just leave it at that.

but here's how Im seeing it- she felt one way, but felt badly about it- and being kinder than the rest of us ( ESPECIALLY YOU, eclaires...)lol...she took the public stance of support.

she was conflicted- come on.

my hippie is showing- but she's nice.

she is.

• Options

I told you - I have no soul!

Actually my biggest point of contention is what I posted in my ETA.  I get being conflicted.  I do not get exposing this information/contacting someone out of my friend's circle.

• Options
    imageeclaires:

I told you - I have no soul!

Actually my biggest point of contention is what I posted in my ETA.  I get being conflicted.  I do not get exposing this information/contacting someone out of my friend's circle.

I think THAT was just a matter of informing the loudest of the loudmouths.

(us)

eta:

theyre not really close friends, is all- they've chatted as much as any of us have here- and clearly as a sympathetic ear she was ideal for KB to open up to- so when ek, being kind, asked what was up- I don't think she expected the dump that was going to be taken all over her face- then we get all bajiggity and she feels torn-

not that they were bffs and she was being scandalous and stabbing backs- I think it was like panic, or something the more I think about it. I was a jerk to her because I disagree with what she was sticking up for- which I don't even think she agreed with- but what she felt compelled to take up for.

fin

she didn't want people to think she was dumb- just kind and sympathetic.

It's not my bag- but I totally get it. I do.

and you do too.

• Options

I would only feel bad if I attacked her or insulted her in anyway.

Which I didn't.

I did question some of the things she was doing and saying but I don't think that is out of line.

I do understand supporting someone you care about (or hell just someone you think is need regardless of if you care for them or not.) Buuut I didn't really understand the way she was going about things. It seemed....contradictory.

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

Edith, I do get what you're saying - my perception of it is just different based on what she said to me and on here.  And well, my perception in general of her based on previous nest interactions.

As for them being BFFs, maybe not...but she did have her phone number, and she expressed to me multiple times that she knows her very well... direct C&P from her:

"and I know her. I know her very well."

I think at the very least, EK was seriously misguided in how she handled the situation, and at worst, she was intentionally feeding the drama.  Either way, I don't think she's a good friend, I don't necessarily think she had good intentions and I don't think she's all that nice.  But really, only EK knows what she meant by any of it, so it doesn't matter what any of us think.  She's going to have to be at peace w/ what she said/did - just like the rest of us.

I'm not going to rehash it anymore (w/r/t EK) because I just don't care enough.  I've said what I want to say about it, and I'll leave it alone now.

• Options

I'm 100% with E.  I think she played both sides until everyone realized what she was doing.  Then she deleted and backpedaled to cover it up.

If I knew one of my friends was in crisis mode, I sure as hell wouldn't be asking an adversary of sorts what they thought I should do.  I would be helping my friend.  And I wouldn't be worried about retaliation from my friend.

Kill all my demons and my angels might die too. -Tennessee Williams

You take my ovaries, I take your yarns.
  • Options
    ZenyaZenya member

Has EK been back since?  
  • Options

So, maybe she shoulda/coulda/woulda done things differently.  I'm sure a lot of the initial replys/opinions (from the AE post) would have went a different direction had all the details come out at the beginning.  

I don't think it's worth rehashing or re-roasting EK (or Belle, or anyone) for.  KB is a manipulator - don't we all know that?   We all have regrets in life....maybe this situation is one for a few people. 

• Options
    imagejettagurl:

So, maybe she shoulda/coulda/woulda done things differently.  I'm sure a lot of the initial replys/opinions (from the AE post) would have went a different direction had all the details come out at the beginning.  

I don't think it's worth rehashing or re-roasting EK (or Belle, or anyone) for.  KB is a manipulator - don't we all know that?   We all have regrets in life....maybe this situation is one for a few people. 

I don't really disagree with anything you've said.  

Her facebook messages to me began right after KB posted admitting the AE was her.  All I'm saying is that I don't think her motives were necessarily nice and pure.  I think she was stirring sh*t, and I don't think she's nice or a good friend to KB.  I don't think she was manipulated.  At all.  But it's not like I think she sucks at life for that - or she needs to be roasted or something. 

Does she have to be a good friend to KB?  No.  I don't blame her one bit.  I'm just disagreeing with Edith's theory/thoughts on the subject re: EK's motives. And I disagree that EK is owed any kind of apology, but that's okay too since I'm not the one giving her one - Edith is.  And that's fine, too, because we all have our thoughts on everything w/r/t our own behavior/comments.

I was just responding to the idea that she's nice, and a good friend, and that was the place she was coming from.  I disagree, but I'm not necessarily saying that in this situation that is a bad thing.  It's actually probably a good thing considering who we're talking about here (KB).

• Options

I can't say if she's a good friend to KB, really I don't want to get involved in the drama, but I can say that she's one of the best friends I have. She's never been anything but great to me. She's real with me, can put me in my place, etc.

BUT, I'm not commenting on if she's a good friend to KB because I really don't know. I want no place in this drama. 

• Options

I get where you're coming from E.  I guess in my view, she has been nice to me, and she was one of the few genuinely concerned about Gabi/I with our whole antibiotic/diaper rash issue.  

I think KB knows personalities of people here, and knew who she could kinda drag into this - which is manipulative. 

I didn't get involved because I only like to argue important things - like the size of Atlanta and equality for twins. Stick out tongue 

• Options

LOL, jetta!  :)

I want to be clear - I am not saying EK is a bad person or bad friend, AT ALL.  Actually I'm not even saying that any of what I think is negative (in my view b/c hey I like the drama around here).

I don't doubt that EK is a good friend to others - I just think in this situation - not really.  I also don't disagree that she's a nice person.  All of my comments have been specific to this situation, which I'm not sure if that was clear in my initial response.

And you're probably right that Kori knew who she could drag into it on her side.  It's unfortunate, but hopefully she's for real getting help.  I also hope that if she comes back here that people remember this about her, because I really feel that the attention on the nest (in the past for sure - not sure how the recent negative attention went) gave her what she needed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"